Keeping things healthy and delicious with these 30 Minute Chicken Fajitas with Roasted Pineapple Salsa Verde. Spicy, smoky Mexican seasoned chicken, roasted with bell peppers and onions, and served up fajita style with roasted tomatillo pineapple salsa. Everything is roasted on just ONE sheet pan, and comes together in about 30 minutes. The perfect weeknight dinner that’s colorful, healthy, and beyond good. Incorporate this into your weekly dinner rotation, or prep ahead of time and enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
Thursday night fajitas? Yes, I know, there’s already Tuesday Taco night. But hey, this week, let’s do Fajita Thursdays. Promise it’s going to be good!
In all seriousness though, I am so excited to share this easy and healthy fajita recipe with you guys today. I’m slowly catching up on all things work and it’s been such a good week! Yesterday and today were spent filming new recipes videos that will be rolling out on Instagram very soon. And tomorrow is catch up day for everything else that I’ve put on the back burner. I can’t tell you all how good it feels to be free of my very serious deadlines.
Clearly celebrating with a fun fajita recipe is in order (and if my mom has her way with me, a trip to Florida in a week as well). Plus, I did a quick survey on what recipes to share this month over on Instagram stories the other day. The overwhelming response was quick dinners, healthy recipes, and vegetarian…ok and Easter desserts too! Thankfully this is all right up my alley. Glad everyone is on the same page around here!
So we’ll start with these quick, and healthy one pan fajitas.
I thought these up a few weeks ago while hiking. I’ve said this before, but I always come up with my best ideas when I’m outside. There my mind is able to wander, free from technology, people, and basically everything that’s distracting in the world. My biggest tip? If you really need to think, especially creatively, get outside! Go do something without your phone…zero music, no podcasts, just let your mind wander for a bit!
Anyway, this was one of those recipes ideas that I just knew right away was going to be good. It has good flavors, good colors, easy prep, and it’s healthy too. So, all the makings of a very good recipe.
And yes, everything…the chicken, peppers, and salsa, are all roasted on the very same sheet pan, at the very same time. Meaning you’ll only be dirtying one dish and a blender for this recipe.
The chicken is seasoned up with my favorite combination of Mexican spices – chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, and just a touch of garlic powder. So much flavor in this combo. Taking chicken from boring, to really really good.
The first step is to arrange the chicken, peppers, and onions on the sheet pan. Do this towards one side of the pan so you can leave room for the salsa ingredients. For the salsa, you’ll be charring up some fresh tomatillos, jalapeños, and green onions. So much flavor.
This will all roast for 20 minutes…ish. In the downtime you should do two things.
Thing one: dice up the pineapple for the salsa, warm your tortillas (preferably over and open flame on the stove-top), and then prep your toppings. You’ll need smashed avocado, cheese, and lots of fresh limes.
By this time your chicken should be roasted and ready. Toss the salsa together and assemble.
And that’s it, dinner is ready, and it’s healthy, pretty, super easy, and oh so good! I really cannot think of a better way to spend my Thursday night, you know? Fajitas and a fun cocktail. I don’t believe anything is ever really perfect, but this all sounds pretty darn close!
If you make these 30 minute chicken fajitas, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
30 Minute Chicken Fajitas with Charred Pineapple Salsa Verde
Calories Per Serving: 315 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6-8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- crumbled cotija or shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- mashed avocado and limes, for serving
Roasted Pineapple Salsa Verde
- 6 small tomatillos, husked
- 1 jalapeño
- 4 green onions
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. 2. On a baking sheet, toss together the chicken, olive oil, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on one side of the pan. In the middle of the pan, toss the bell peppers, onions, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper together. To the remaining 1/3 of the pan, add the tomatillos, jalapeño, and green onions. Transfer to the oven and roast 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the tomatillos lightly charred. 3. Set the chicken, peppers, and onions aside. 4. To make the salsa: de-seed the jalapeño, if desired. To a blender, add the roasted tomatillos, jalapeño, green onions, lime juice, and cilantro. Pulse until smooth. Stir in the pineapple and a pinch of salt. 5. Stuff the chicken, peppers, and onions into the warmed tortillas, and top with the salsa, avocado, and cheese. Enjoy!