Spicy Gingered Mango Margarita.
Spicy Gingered Mango Margarita.
Hey, Hi, and welcome back to cocktail Saturday! Just jumping in for a quick read today. I am SO very exited to be sharing this margarita. Hands down it’s my favorite margarita I have ever made. But that’s probably because it is full of all of my favorite foods: mango, ginger, lime, and jalapeño. It’s perfection in so many ways, so of course, it’s perfect for tonight, tomorrow, and really any time from here on out.
My cousin Abby is constantly reminding me that her favorite drink to order in San Diego (where she lives) is a spicy margarita. With her birthday coming up next week, and Cinco de Mayo in a couple of weeks, I knew it was time to share this fresh new margarita recipe. I have made a spicy margarita before, but I’m loving this gingery mango version so very much (again, I love mango – and I love ginger). It’s a simple mix of fresh mango juice, mango chunks, ginger, jalapeño, tequila, and lots of lime. I don’t like to add any sugar, as I find that the mango really adds enough sweetness on its own. Plus, I think sugary cocktails are no bueno. No one needs a sugar hangover come Sunday morning, you know? Trust me, I am only looking out for you guys here, you don’t want the extra sugar.
Anyway, I top my margs off with a splash of sparkling water, because I love a little sparkly action with most of my drinks. Then garnish with some fresh limes and jalapeños, and you’ll have the prettiest, most refreshing…and certainly the most delicious, margarita. If you’re looking for a fast and easy drink, this is it. It’s sweet, spicy, and all things good in life.
I think your weekend really needs it.
PS. I get a lot of questions about making drinks alcohol free and it’s so simple to do. Simply omit the alcohol, add a splash more citrus, and a splash or two of sparkling water. Simple as that.
Spicy Gingered Mango Margarita
Keyword: spicy cocktail
I am SO very exited to be sharing this margarita. Hands down it's my favorite, probably because it is full of all of my favorite foods: mango, ginger, lime, and jalapeño...perfection in so many ways!
- 1/3 cup 100% mango juice
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped ginger
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1-2 jalapeño slices
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- sparkling water, for topping (optional)
Chipotle Chili Salt
- 1/4 cup kosher or margarita salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1. To make the chipotle chili salt. Combine the salt and chili powder in a shallow bowl.
2. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and coat in chili salt.
3. Combine the mango juice, mango chunks, and ginger in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mango and ginger together until the mango is mashed. Add the tequila, lime juice, and jalapeños. Fill with ice and shake until combined. Strain into your prepared glass. Top with sparkling water, if desired. Serve with limes. Drink!
4. To make a frozen margarita, combine the mango juice, mango chunks, ginger, tequila, jalapeños, and lime juice, in a cocktail shaker. Muddle together until everything is mashed down. Shake to combine. Strain the mix into a a blender. Fill with ice and blend. Pour your prepared glass. Top with sparkling water, if desired. Serve with limes. Drink!
Big Batch Spicy Gingered Mango Margarita.
Keyword: fruit cocktail, spicy cocktail, tequila cocktail
this spicy margarita is perfect for serving to a thirsty crowd!
- 1 1/3 cups 100% mango juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped ginger
- 1 cup (8 ounces) silver tequila
- 4 jalapeño slices
- juice of 3 limes
- sparkling water for topping (optional)
1. Combine the mango juice, mango chunks, ginger, tequila, lime juice, and jalapeños in a large pitcher. Stir to combine and chill for 2 hours. The longer the jalapeños sit, the spicier the drink. Strain out the mango chunks, ginger, and jalapeños and discard. Return the drink to the pitcher and chill until ready to serve.
2. When ready to serve, fill the pitcher with ice and top off with sparkling water. Serve.
See you tomorrow for another nine favorite things post.
Our Favorite Recipes
Cuban Grilled Salmon with Tomato Avocado Salsa.