Prepare for a Hawaiian salmon burger photo overload.
I just got too excited.
Too excited about these salmon burgers.
Too excited about the coconut caramelized pineapple I put on these burgers.
Too excited about the Hawaiian BBQ sauce dripping down the burger.
Can you guys tell, I get really, really excited about things.
And when I say things, what I really mean is food. Especially pretty food on pretty things. I also get way too excited about an empty house, a clean house, flowers and ah… lists.
Yeah, I love lists.
Although, lately my list making abilities have been highly sub-par
Meaning I actually have not made a list in a month and trust me, my life has been a scattered mess the past thirty days without them. I must get back to my list making. I am seriously craving a really good list.
I need one for the grocery store today. It’s gonna be long. Think Santa’s Christmas list long. Trust me if Santa would pay one of our grocery bills for Christmas that would be awesome. Feeding way too many people over here.
Way too many.
Like I said the other week, we are over capacity.
Oh, and none of the people I am feeding like good food.
With the exception of my dad, and sort of my mom – remember she doesn’t like any fish or seafood. But my dad is only one person and he doesn’t need to eat all that much.
The hungry must eat all the time, they must eat mass amounts, and none of it can have anything to do with seafood, fruit or vegetables. Pastas can only have cheese or butter. Pizzas, only cheese and sauce. Even chicken with anything other than smashed potato chips all over it, is highly suspect to them.
Yeah, you see what I am dealing with here? It is torture. Ninty five percent of the dinners I make, I also have to make a separate dinner for the boys.
Especially since they are missing out like crazy.
Even my mom is missing out.
Well, half missing out. I made her a Hawaiian chicken sandwich, with the pineapple and sauce. She loved it. Actually she went crazy for it, but she is still missing out on the benefits of salmon. But if you too are not into seafood or salmon, you can definitely do this with chicken and it still tastes great.
But the salmon is better… in my opinion at least.
Plus, look at that pretty pink color.
I love it.
The fresh copper river salmon that is in the store right now is just insane.
It’s just insane!
Kind of like the amount of photos in this post.
I just could not choose. Choosing is way too hard. No, more like impossible.
I honestly cannot do it.
So, I just gave you a boatload of them.
Hope you don’t mind.
Oh and just a FYI, I am in a pineapple phase right now. I cut up three over the weekend. Yes, three. I really hope you guys are into pineapple. If not, I promise some more pasta and chocolate and creamy things soon.
It’s all gonna be so good.
- In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside for later.
- Add salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it’s somewhat ground. You can also chop the salmon very finely with a sharp knife.
- Remove and add salmon to a bowl with the panko bread crumbs, parmesan and 2 tablespoons of the hawaiian BBQ sauce from step 1 (save the rest for serving) and mix with a spoon until just combined. Form into 4 equally sized burgers. Heat a skillet (or grill) over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook burgers on each side until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. During the last minute of cooking add the swiss cheese and the jalapeños, if using.
- In a separate skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and place the pineapple slices in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 mins, flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble place a piece of lettuce on the bottom of a bun, then the burger, mashed or sliced avocado and a ring of pineapple. Drizzle each burger with the remaining Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
So darn good.