Winter Salad with Maple Candied Walnuts + Balsamic Fig Dressing (+ a big giveaway!).
Well this is different.
I have salad today…not cookies…and I am excited about it!! This is the good kind of salad guys, meaning not boring in any which way. And maybe most exciting of all?? Christmas is coming early for one of you!
First, let me just tell you about this winter salad.
Don’t you just love how pretty it is? Who could not want to eat these colors? My favorite.
Best part is that this is the simplest salad. It’s contains only a few key ingredients. Candied walnuts, pomegranates, cranberries, goat cheese and an incredible balsamic fig dressing that is quickly becoming my new go to dressing for all salads. It’s so good. AND it’s also healthy. Perfect way to balance all these Christmas sweets don’t cha think?
Also, I am just realizing this now, but over the last couple of days, and in the days to come, I have been – and will be, showing all my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day eats. I hope my family is getting excited because all the recipes you are seeing, I will be remaking once everyone gets here. Plus a meatloaf or two because my oldest brother is slightly obsessed with meatloaf.
This salad will be at Christmas dinner without a doubt. The colors alone make it beyond perfect for the table, but the flavors and textures make it the perfect side salad for our Christmas feast.
Ok, so that’s the salad. Let’s talk about this giveaway. I am teaming up with my very favorite Italian brand, DeLallo, to give one of you an awesome Christmas gift this year. Honestly, I want all these things, so I am thinking, you will love them too.
The giveaway is inspired by the DeLallo Fresh Salad Savors, which I used for this easy salad. They’re perfect for healthy eating in the new year.
Here is what the giveaway includes:
Oil and Vinegar Set from West Elm- Seriously? How cute are these. They would go perfect in my new kitchen. Jealous of whoever gets these!
Cascade Day Planner from Minted- Seeing as the New Year is getting closer and closer, this planner will be perfect to help you all get organized. I know I sure could use a little organization in my life.
Open Kitchen Wood Salad Bowl from Williams-Sonoma – So pretty. Love this!
Stainless Steel Salad Servers from Williams-Sonoma – To go along with the bowl!
Chambray Apron from Food 52 – Totally want and NEED this.
Shoucg a good giveaway, right? Just follow the instructions in the rafflecopter box below to enter (you may have to click through to my website if you are reading this via a subscription).
Winter Salad with Maple Candied Walnuts + Balsamic Fig Dressing (+ a BIG GIVEAWAY).
- 4 cups [DeLallo Fresh SaladSavors® salad topping packs | http://www.delallo.com/saladsavors] (OR 2 raw walnuts 1 cup dried cranberries and 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups mixed greens I used baby kale and spinach
- 2 cups arugula
- arils from one pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pick out the walnuts from all four of the Salad Savors packets and add them to the baking sheet. Toss the walnuts with the maple syrup, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and salt. Bake for 15-25 minutes, stirring 2-3 time throughout cooking until the walnuts are toasted and golden. Remove from the oven and spread the walnuts in one layer. Allow to cool.
- Add the greens to a large salad bowl. Add the pomegranate arils and the cranberries from the DeLallo Fresh Salad Savors. Add the cooled walnuts and gently toss the salad. Add the goat cheese.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fig preserves and salt until combined. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Enjoy!
Ok, but now that we ate salad, can we have double the cookies? I think so.