Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!
He is the greatest and words can not describe how much I look up to this guy and how much I appreciate all that he has done for our family and I over the years. He has been doing the dad thing since he was twenty-one and sure, he was probably a little better with the boys at first, but trust me I whooped his butt into shape. He has really had to learn how to rework his play book with me, but I think I can finally say that he has the got the parenting a girl thing down.
Asher can thank me, showing my dad the ropes. He didn’t quite know what to make of me after all those boys. He may end up having to make a few new revisions to that playbook though, because honestly, Asher is probably going to be a little more of a handful than I was. The girl is only four, but she has a wild, spunky, knows what she wants, attitude.
So I made more Snickers to celebrate.
Except this time, I actually made them in bar form.
The cupcakes were amazing, but the bars are traditional.
I figured I probably needed to do both. Ah, not really. I just wanted an excuse to make more Snickers!
Oh and they are NO BAKE!
Yay! Which mean two things, easy and no heating up that oven!
Toasted Coconut Caramel Peanut Butter Snickers Bars
Servings: 12 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 689 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips or can sub dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 14- ounce bag of caramels
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
View Recipe Comments
- Thoroughly grease a 9x13 inch-baking pan. Melt 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips with 1/4-cup peanut butter in a saucepan or microwave, then pour into the baking dish and spread until even. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the chocolate hardens make the nougat layer. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in sugar and coconut milk, stirring until dissolved and bring to a boil. Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Turn off heat and fold in toasted coconut, sweetened coconut and peanuts, then pour over bottom chocolate layer. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes or 15 minutes in the fridge.
- While nougat layer cools make the coconut caramel sauce. Combine the caramels and coconut milk in a saucepan over low heat. Let melt, stirring occasionally, until smooth, this took about 10 minutes for me. Pour over nougat layer and let cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- While the coconut caramel cools make the final chocolate layer. Melt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips with 1/4-cup peanut butter in a saucepan, or microwave them, pour over caramel and spread until even. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut and let cool and harden completely.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, then cut as desired. These can stay at room temperature, but they do get soft and gooey. My family personally likes them best right out of the fridge!
You can read more about these bars over on the national peanut boards blog!