One word: SNACKS!!!!
I mean, for real, why is snack food one of the best kinds of food around? This bowl of guacamole is literally a bowl I could live off of from today until the start of fall… at which time I will shift into more fall appropriate snacking foods (hello apples, cheese and pumpkin).
This summertime snack is basically a LOADED guacamole. Loaded with everything summer has to offer. I totally qualify this as healthy, so eating the whole bowl for lunch is pretty much how this should go down…along with a giant side of the best salty tortilla chips. I mean, obviously.
Ok, so here’s the deal.
I am a huge fan of guacamole and an even bigger fan of fruit. It might sound semi-weird, but I LOVE including fruit in my guacamole. I have turned many heads with my fruit additions, but never has anyone not loved my fruity guacamole. Even Lyndsie, my brother Brendan’s girlfriend, who is a guacamole purist, is slowly changing her tune because of my mango guacamole. Promise you guys, fruit in your guac is where it’s at.
SO. With today’s guacamole recipe, you’ll first want to make a basic, but delicious, guacamole, which will serve as your base. From there, simply put the guac in a bowl and load on the toppings. I like to do it this way, as opposed to stirring the toppings into the guacamole. One, its way prettier… you guys know I am all about pretty food. Two, I like that the fruits/veggies don’t get lost in the mix of guac. You have your creamy guac on the bottom and your crunchy fresh toppings on top.
Load all that onto a chip…
OKOK, so what do I put on top of my garden guacamole??! Well, all the perfect produce you would find in your summer garden… or at your local farmers market. I’m talking sweet cherry tomatoes, grilled corn, chopped peaches, nectarines and or plums, fresh cherries and blueberries. Oh, and all the basil too! Then, I love to add goat cheese (YESSSSSSSS) and salty toasted seeds as well.
So you see?
It’s just a giant bowl of summer health food, and you should probably make it today for lunch, or as a snack, or heck I won’t tell anyone if you even made it for dinner! Just don’t forget those salty chips, they are a must. Although I have to say, this guacamole + a spoon + me has happened many a times… but chips are better than a spoon! 🙂
OMG, and I just realized it’s TUESDAY!! Mean Taco Tuesday! New plan, first make these tacos, then serve them up along with this yummy Summer Garden Guacamole.
Summer Garden Guacamole.
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 261 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ear grilled sweet corn kernels removed from the cob
- 1 peach nectarine or plum, chopped (or use a combo!)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or blackberries
- 4 cherries pitted + halved
- fresh basil and chopped chives
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- salty tortilla chips for scooping!!
- Add the avocado halves to a medium size mixing bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the avocados and toss well to coat. Add the cumin. Now grab a fork and lightly mash the avocados. I like to keep my guacamole on the chunky side. Next fold in the chopped jalapeño, cilantro, basil and a pinch of salt. Taste and season with more salt if desired.
- Spoon your guacamole into a wide, shallow bowl and top with tomatoes, corn, stone fruits, berries, basil, chives and toasted cheese. Sprinkle the entire bowl generously with goat cheese. DIVE IN. 🙂
And chips and margaritas, cause it’s Taco Tuesday!! Doing it.
PS. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite bloggers for the Bloglovin 2016 awards…Half Baked Harvest is nominated for best food blog, yeah!!
PSS. I’ve also been nominated for the SAVEUR Magazine 2016 blog awards for Most Inspired Weeknight Dinners! I would be so grateful if you would go vote for your favorite blogger. You can vote everyday from now until August 31st! 🙂