Strawberry Hibiscus Ginger Margarita.
Strawberry Hibiscus Ginger Margarita. Fresh strawberries, sweet hibiscus tea, spicy ginger, and a good splash of tequila. Super easy, refreshing, a touch sweet, and extra pretty too. The perfect weekend drink to enjoy in both the spring and summer months!
I’ve decided that I have the most fun when creating and photographing new drink recipes. I put so much less pressure on myself to make them “perfect”. With everyday recipes…like my quick weeknight dinners, or sweet desserts…my main concerns are revolve around creating a recipe that’s delicious, approachable, and healthy…ish. It can be hard to know just what everyone is looking for. But with drinks, I just let go of all that and have fun! I don’t really worry about how many of you will make it, or if you’ll find the recipe a little too weird or out there. Of course I want you guys to LOVE my cocktails, but I also know that they are not for everyone. They’re really just meant to be fun. If you love it, amazing. If not, I’ll probably be sharing another one in the future that hopefully you will love.
I guess the point is, I really have so much fun developing new cocktail recipes!
Which brings me to today’s margarita. This is not your traditional sugar filled margarita, it’s definitely very different. But you guys?
It’s so pretty, so fun to make, and most importantly…SO GOOD!
Cinco de Mayo is just a week away, so I knew we all needed a fun drink to celebrate.
While this isn’t traditional, it does involve some fun flavors, like hibiscus tea, which is actually very common in Mexico.
This margarita is a simple mix of fresh strawberries, sweet hibiscus tea, zingy orange, tequila, and lots of lime. I like to keep the sugar content very LOW with my drinks. This margarita is only lightly sweetened with a touch of honey and a splash of ginger beer. In my world, sugary cocktails are no bueno. A sugar hangover is the absolute worst. Plus, I like to save my sugar intake for layer cakes…
I also like to top my margs off with a splash of ginger beer. I just love a little sparkly and the kick that the ginger gives off. Garnish your margarita with fresh limes, strawberries, hibiscus flowers, or a mix. You will have the prettiest, most refreshing…and certainly the most delicious, margarita. My kind of drink!
If you make this strawberry hibiscus margarita, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Strawberry Hibiscus Margarita.
- 1 tablespoon dried hibiscus flowers
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, to your taste
- 4-6 strawberries, sliced, plus additional for serving
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- ginger beer, for topping
- kosher salt, for rimming
1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium size pot. Remove from the heat, add the hibiscus flowers and 1-2 tablespoons honey, dependent on your taste. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the hibiscus flowers.
2. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and coat in salt.
3. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, add strawberries, lime juice, 1/4 cup steeped tea, and the orange zest. Muddle all of the ingredients together, squashing everything to release the juices from the fruit. Add the tequila. Fill with ice and shake until combined. Strain into your prepared glass. Top off with ginger beer. Serve with limes. Drink!
Our Favorite Recipes
15 Minute Thin Crust Pizza with Arugula and Hot Honey.