Spinach and Artichoke Corn Fritters with Brie and Sweet Honey Jalapeño Cream.
The sun is shining, it has not snowed for like a whole three days, it’s even been warm, and I just could not be happier about it!
I am beyond excited to tell you guys about these fritters, because these fritters you are looking at here?? Well, they are one of the easiest things you can make, plus I think they are my new favorite food.
Now I know that I have new favorite foods a lot. But these, well, these I just really love.
I made them with my sweet (way too kind to everyone) mom in mind because one, Mothers Day is Sunday and two because I really just love making her food and seeing her eyes light up with that “oh my gosh these are soo good” look.
Also, I was at the store last week and they had some seriously good-looking corn on sale – that made think for a minute that it was the middle of summer. Only I walked out of the store and it was snowing… Reality check!
I am know I am a tad early with the corn, so if you can’t get fresh corn yet just use frozen. It works great and it’s a little easier too.
If you are looking for Mother’s Day eats, these fritters are your winning tickets.
I honestly think almost any mom will enjoy these. Crispy on the outside, filled with sweet corn, artichokes, spinach and yum – BRIE. Brie in the fritter? Yes, SO good.
Some of the brie that gets stuck in the middle of the fritter stays all gooey.The brie on the outside gets fried.
Fried guys. Again, SO good.
And the Sweet Honey Jalapeño Cream is something you can’t skip. It completes the fitter and brings the flavors full circle. The touch of sweetness + the touch of spice, paired with the hot crispy fritters – spot on. Please don’t skip it.
And if you can’t wait till Sunday to make these?
Make them now. Today – for lunch or brunch, dinner – whatever. You need a trial run before Sunday anyway, right?
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Spinach and Artichoke Corn Fritters with Brie and Sweet Honey Jalapeno Cream.
Course: Appetizer, Main Course, Snack
Keyword: artichoke, brie, corn, fritters, honey, spinach
I honestly think almost anyone will enjoy these. Crispy on the outside, filled with sweet corn, artichokes, spinach and yum - BRIE. Brie in the fritter? Yes, SO good.
- 1 1/4 cups sweet yellow corn about 2 ears
- 4 ounces fresh spinach chopped
- 6-8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat of regular flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk use coconut or almond milk for Vegan version
- 4-8 ounces brie chopped (I left my rind on the brie) - opt out of the brie for Vegan
- 1/3 cup canola oil for cooking
Sweet Honey Jalapeño Cream.
- 1 ounce can full-fat coconut milk cold (may use heavy cream, but I personally love using coconut milk), 15
- 1-3 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded if desired + chopped
Sweet Honey Jalapeño Cream
- Flip your cold can of coconut milk upside down and open it. There should be around 1/2 cup of coconut water at the top. Pour this into a container and save for another use. Scoop out the coconut cream and place in a bowl. Whip the cream for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft peaks form. Beat in the honey. Stir in the chopped jalapeños (I used 1 1/2 medium jalapeños). Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup of the corn to a food processor. Pulse until blended together, then transfer mixture to a mixing bowl (if desired the blender step can be left out out. Just mix everything together in a mixing bowl).
- Stir in remaining corn and milk, mixing until a batter forms. Stir in the spinach and artichokes, then fold in the chopped brie. It should be the consistency of a very thick pancake batter.
- Add oil to a large skillet saucepan and heat over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot add a little less than 1/4 cup of batter to the skillet and then quickly smooth the batter out to a circle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes or until browned and crisp all over. Remove and repeat with the remaining batter until all the batter has been used. Serve the fritters hot with the Sweet Honey Jalapeño Cream.
*Adapted from my [Avocado and Gouda BLT Corn Fritter Stacks | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/avocado-and-gouda-blt-corn-fritter-stacks-with-chipotle-bourbon-dressing/] which where adapted from my [Corn Fritters with Coconut Whipped Cream and Sweet Honey Bourbon Syrup | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/corn-fritters-with-coconut-whipped-cream-and-sweet-honey-bourbon-syrup/].
Oh, and Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Hope you’re celebrating with some amazing Mexican food today. You know I am.