Slow Cooker Saucy Thai Butternut Squash Curry with Noodles. This most DELICIOUS autumn inspired curry is extra saucy, spicy, sweet, and served over egg noodles. Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker, turn it on, and forget about it. So easy, super healthy, warm and cozy. Perfect for the busy fall nights ahead.
I’ve decided that all Mondays are made better, and easier, with recipes like this slow cooker curry.
Things have been beyond hectic over here, and while I love it so much, and am so grateful for all the amazing opportunities and fun things we are doing with HBH, it’s definitely left me with much less time! I’m in NYC today for work, heading home late tomorrow, and as soon as I get home I will hit the ground running. Working on organizing the studio, projects I have yet to announce (but hinted about…), and upcoming content for HBH. I’m excited about it all, but again, it just means things are busy.
Pretty sure you all can relate, right?
Thankfully we have slow cooker recipes to help save the day.
Enter this curry that’s all things fall, all things healthy, and all things delicious.
This is one of those great recipes that honestly requires almost no thought to make, practically no time, and conveniently uses many pantry staple ingredients. It can also be made not only in the slow cooker, but in the instant pot as well.
Promise it is not too good to be true.
Come late September, butternut squash is positively my favorite vegetable to cook with. It’s sweet, savory, and so satisfying. I love pairing it with all kinds of things like, soup, pizza, pasta, Indian dishes, and even pancakes, it’s incredibly versatile.
So, I’m excited to share this curry. You ready to hear how to make it? OK cool, it’s super quick.
Add the cubed butternut squash, Thai red curry paste, coconut milk, and a handful of other ingredients to your slow cooker. Set the cooker, forget about it for six or hours, come home, smell the delicious smells, boil some egg noodles, plate and enjoy!
Yes, it truly is as simple as that.
I served my curry over egg noodles with a handful of fresh pomegranate arils, but you could just as easily serve this with rice noodles or even rice. We decided that this is best with noodles, but make your own choice here, and use your favorite carb. Quinoa would be equally great!
As for the pomegranate, I love the sweet burst of flavor the arils give to the dish. They bring a pop of bright fresh color, and the flavor pairs extremely well with the Thai flavor happening in this curry. Also? I just love pomegranates and am very happy they are coming back into season. Expect to see lots of the pretty little jewels sprinkled throughout my recipes this fall.
Perfection in my eyes, and perfect for any night of the week, but especially a busy Monday night!
OH, and bonus? This is (almost vegan) and totally healthy. Cool. Cool.
If you make this slow cooker saucy Thai butternut squash curry, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Slow Cooker Saucy Thai Butternut Squash Curry with Noodles
Calories Per Serving: 1098 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1/3 cup Thai Red curry paste
- 2 cans (14 ounce) coconut milk
- 1-2 cups low sodium veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 pound wide egg noodles, such as tagliatelle
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, or basil, roughly chopped
- 1 pomegranate, arils for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. In the bowl of your slow cooker, combine together the curry paste, coconut milk, 1 cup broth, fish sauce, and peanut butter. Add the butternut squash, cinnamon, ginger, and lime juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.2. Stir the kale into the curry and cook 5 minutes until wilted. Stir in the cilantro (or basil). If the curry is too thick, add broth to thin.3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the noodles according to package directions. 3. To serve, divide the noodles among bowls and spoon the curry overtop. Top with pomegranate arils and cilantro. Enjoy!
- 1. In the bowl of your instant pot, combine together the curry paste, coconut milk, 1 cup broth, fish sauce, and peanut butter. Add the butternut squash, cinnamon, ginger, and lime juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover, select the manual setting, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.2. Once done cooking, use the quick release function and release the steam. Set the instant pot to sauté. Stir in the kale and cook 5 minutes until wilted. Stir in the cilantro (or basil). If the curry is too thick, add broth to thin.3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the noodles according to package directions. 3. To serve, divide the noodles among bowls and spoon the curry overtop. Top with pomegranate arils and cilantro. Enjoy!