Simple Roasted Red Pepper Pasta + Video.
Simple Roasted Red Pepper Pasta….With all the fresh burrata… This dinner needs to be a weekly staple, it’s THAT good.
Watch the How To Video Here:
So do you guys remember this giant mediterranean chicken and farro salad with the roasted red pepper sauce? Do you remember how I said that the sauce would be good on SO many things? Yeah, well, I took my leftover sauce, tossed it with hot pasta, added a ton of basil and big hunk of fresh burrata and called it dinner.
It was SOOOO freaking delicious that I knew I had to share it with you all. 🙂
I know I have been saying this a lot lately, but sometimes, it’s the simplest meals that really are the best. And this pasta is just that, the best!
Also, also!! Do you see those fresh figs!! Ahhh! I am so excited about those! I mean, you don’t HAVE to serve this with fresh figs, but since I love figs, you know that I could not resist topping my pasta with a couple. I feel like it is the very Italian thing to do and seeing as this pasta really lines up with all the Italian flavors, I totally went for it…
And LOVED it. Obviously.
SIDE NOTE: does anyone else really love figs?? Especially fresh figs paired with burrata, a drizzle of olive, salt + pepper?!?! That is like my all time favorite. Oh, and on top of a piece of crusty bread… GIMME.
So, to be totally honest, I’ve actually been planning to make a roasted red pepper pasta for weeks. The whole thing with the mediterranean salad just sort of happened, by mistake, but it was a welcomed mistake for sure, because I might not have thought to add the sun-dried tomatoes.
While this pasta is all about the roasted red peppers, the sun-dried tomatoes really add another depth of flavor that is KILLER. Something about their sweetness and intense flavor just adds so much to the recipe!!
OK. Here is how this pasta goes down. It’s fast and easy and ready in under thirty minutes. Add some roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, pine-nuts, garlic, parmesan, salt and olive oil to your blender or food processor. Process until smooth, then pour the sauce over your hot pasta. You can use long or short cut pasta, but for some reason I was feeling the short cut pasta. Typically I go for the long cut, but in the summer months I tend to go for the short cut. No idea why really.
By now you should have a giant bowl of steaming hot pasta covered in roasted red pepper sauce. All that’s left is to add a bunch of basil and a handful or two of arugula. Toss and serve, topped with a big old ball of torn burrata or buffalo mozzarella. Sprinkle with some nuts, add some figs and DONE.
So simple right? No oven time + minimal dishes + minimal ingredients + YES PLEASE! 🙂
Lastly, can I just say what a giant bowl of comfort this roasted red pepper pasta is?
Trust me, if you’re feeling sort of down this week, this is that meal to cheer you up. It’s full of carbs and cheese, and nothing cures a bad mood like cheese and carbs. <–TRUTH. 🙂
Before I go, on a much more serious note, I just want to say that my heart is heavy for everyone who is struggling and morning after Sunday’s shooting in Orlando. I have been wanting to say something all week, but just could not find the right words and the truth is I still can’t. The only thing I can say is that my heart is with those who are hurting. Try to keep you heads up and your thoughts positive, and if you get hungry, like I said above, pasta is a really good option.
Simple Roasted Red Pepper Pasta.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: pasta, roasted red pepper
Simple Roasted Red Pepper Pasta....With all the fresh burrata... This dinner needs to be a weekly staple, it's THAT good.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers or 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes oil drained + reserved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan omit if vegan
- 1 pound short or long cut pasta use gluten free if needed
- 1 bunch fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula or watercress
- 8 ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella or burrata cheese torn
- pepper + crushed red pepper to taste
- fresh figs + toasted pine nuts for serving (optional)
- Combine the roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt, nuts and parmesan in a blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar and then pulse to combine until the sauce is mostly smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al dente, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and then drain. Add the pasta right back to the hot pot along with the roasted red pepper sauce and about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water. Toss to combine. Add the basil and toss. Thin the sauce as desired with more pasta cooking water.
- Divide the pasta among plates or bowls and top with fresh arugula, mozzarella, figs and nuts. EAT!
Now, a bowl for you and two for me. ?