Pomegranates are back!!
I had a reader who left a comment the other week saying she was worried I was not using Pomegranates anymore, well guys worry no more, my fridge is packed to the brim with perfectly red pomegranates and I have some serious ideas.
WATCH THE HOW-TO VIDEO:
Seeing that I’ve made this dish four times in the course of one week, I feel as if I’ve somewhat perfected it. The best part… I figured out how to make it all on just ONE sheet pan!
At first I was just remaking this dish for the purpose of getting prettier photos, but then I started to think about the actual recipe itself. Like how could I make it easier, simpler, and just less of a hassle for us to all make on a busy weeknight?
And that’s when it hit me that this recipe could probably all be made on just one pan and all done in the oven. Of course if you want rice (which you do) you have to make that on the stove, but I think I could make rice in my sleep. So it’s not a huge deal to me.
What is a huge deal however, is minimal dishes to wash and easy prep time!! This recipe has both of the those!
You are so welcome!
So here’s how this works. You take both the chicken and squash and place it on one sheet pan. Add the sticky pomegranate glaze to the chicken and a little honey, salt + pepper to the squash. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for around twenty-five minutes. When everything is done, the chicken should be perfectly roasted and the glaze super sticky. The squash should be tender and lightly caramelized!
Take everything out of the oven and add fresh pomegranate arils and a side of rice.
Done and DONE.
For real though, does it get any simpler? I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself for thinking up this whole “one pan” thing. I mean, I know it’s not a new concept, but it’s pretty new to me, and to be honest, I have a hard time figuring out how to fit my recipes onto just one pan or in just one pot. I’m always wanting to add more flavors and more layers of texture, but you know, sometimes simple just really works and that is for sure the case here.
This sheet pan sticky pomegranate chicken truly has all the flavors I love, and if you guys remember any of my recipes from last fall, then you know that I love pomegranate anything and everything!! This chicken is a sticky Thai chicken, made simple and delicious with sweet Thai chile sauce (my secret weapon for so many recipes!) + a little soy… it’s honestly just SO good! The honey roasted squash adds a nice fall vegetable side that pairs really well with the Thai flavors!
Perfect meal from now through the winter. Um, OK cool! 🙂
Sheet Pan Sticky Pomegranate Chicken and Honey Roasted Squash.
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 431 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled + grated
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 acorn or kabocha squash seeded + sliced into half rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt + pepper
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the pomegranate sticky glaze. In a medium bowl, combine the sweet Thai chili sauce, pomegranate juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Place the chicken and squash on a parchment lined baking sheet with the chicken at one end and the squash at another. Toss the chicken with half of the pomegranate sticky sauce, reserving the rest for serving. Toss the squash with olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the squash is tender. Halfway through cooking, Rotate the pan and spoon any sauce that has settled on the bottom of the pan over the chicken.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the pomegranate arils over the chicken. Serve the chicken and squash over a bowl of rice drizzled with the remaining reserved pomegranate sticky sauce (see note). Garnish with pomegranate arils.
*If your sauce is not sticky enough for you liking, place the sauce in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until just thickened. Serve with chicken.
PS. I kind of LOVE how pretty this is, it’s those pomegranate arils, they get me every time! Love them!