Saucy, creamy 20 Minute Red Curry Noodles with Fried Coconut Garlic. The best quick and easy spring noodles! Make these saucy noodles with whatever you have on hand, I used a mix of zucchini, then stirred in lots of coconut milk and rice noodles. Add some heat with curry paste, and balance it all out with a squeeze of lime. The best part…all you need for this recipe are pantry ingredients and just about 20 minutes!
These curry noodles couldn’t be easier, AND they ended up being one of my favorite recipes of the week! I’ve been wanting to make Thai red curry noodles for a while but held off until I had just the right idea. I wanted mine to be simple…but just a touch different too!
I was inspired by the Thai basil plants growing in the pantry and my brother’s trip to Thailand. It’s been a while since I did a good saucy curry. So I decided to brainstorm a bit until I finally came up with the perfect saucy noodle!
Here are the details…
As you can imagine, the details are pretty simple, but everything starts with that fried coconut garlic. What is fried coconut garlic you ask? Well, it’s fried garlic with the addition of coconut flakes, so it’s even more delicious.
Most curry noodles come just as is, in their delicious curry, and topped with fresh herbs and lime juice. As I mentioned, I wanted mine to stand out a bit. A nice, salty-sweet garlic crunch sounded just perfect for topping my noodles. And that’s just what the fried coconut garlic adds. It gives a crunch plus a salty-sweet, garlicky bite. Totally delicious and makes the noodles “extra special”.
Once the garlic is fried up, everything comes together extremely quickly. For the noodles, I love using thicker cut linguine style rice noodles or egg noodles, but super-thin vermicelli rice noodles work great too if you prefer thin! Really, use whatever noodle you love or have on hand. Just be sure to find a noodle that will hold up well in a good amount of curry sauce.
Now that sauce! You’ll need three key ingredients: veggies, curry paste, and coconut milk.
For the veggies, again, you can use whatever you have on hand…bell peppers, broccoli zucchini, they all work, so use what you like or what you have. Cook up the veggies, then add the curry paste, coconut milk, and a dash of soy sauce. You could throw in some fish sauce too, which would be delicious. Simmer everything for a minute or two.
Toss the noodles with the sauce, and guys that’s it. SIMPLE is the name of the game here.
Some notes for you!
I love a spicy red Thai curry paste (my favorite is the Thai Kitchen brand) and full-fat canned coconut milk. The curry paste and coconut milk are key to this recipe. They are the flavor and the creaminess to the curry, so don’t skimp on them!
As soon as the curry is done, serve it up with lots of that fried garlic crunch on top. It’s important to eat the curry as soon as you toss it with the noodles. The noodles will soak up all that amazing sauce pretty quickly.
Finish with some spicy chili peppers, lots of fresh Thai basil, and lime juice. Dinner in just about twenty minutes and made using pantry staples…plus whatever vegetable you’ve got on hand!
I love a fancy meal, but there’s really something to be said about a simple dish like this. They’re always so well loved!
Looking for other quick 20 minute recipes? Here are some of my favorites:
Lastly, if you make these 20 Minute Red Curry Noodles with Fried Coconut Garlic, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
20 Minute Red Curry Noodles with Fried Coconut Garlic
Calories Per Serving: 601 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded coconut
- flaky salt
- 2 zucchini or summer squash diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or cilantro, roughly chopped
- fresno peppers, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Cook rice noodles according to packaged directions. 2. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the coconut and cook until the garlic is crisp and the coconut is toasted, about 2 minutes. Spoon the mix out of the skillet and drain onto a paper towel, season with salt. 3. Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the curry paste and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.4. Pour in the coconut milk, 1/3 cup water, soy sauce, and honey. Stir to combine, bring the mixture to a boil, cook 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. If the sauce thickens too much, add additional water to thin. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and basil.5. To serve, divide the noodles and sauce between bowls. Top with peppers, fresh basil, and the fried garlic.