Hey, hi! I’m back after three full days away!!
I know, I know, such a long time for me. I will not lie, it was hard to stay away for so long!! All month-long I have posted every day, so three days away was a long time!! Hehe, I just love you guys SO much.
Sorry, I’m feeling all cheesy today, it’s this whole holiday season, it has me so happy!
But um, whoa, feeding 19 people night after night after night… AND all in a row, it’s kind of a lot of work. I think I could sleep for DAYYYS. I’m sure a lot of you know the feeling.
So how was everyone’s Christmas?? Tell me all the fun details, please?!? What did you eat, what did you get? Did you hang with your family? Tell me all the details, I SO want to know everything!!
Alright, can we talk a little about New Years Eve though? Every year my family does a Mexican Feast and this year will be no exception. Over the next four days we are talking all Mexican food and it’s going to be delicious.
I’m kicking things off today with this yummy pomegranate guacamole with plantain chips. It is maybe my favorite snack/appetizer, and it’s PERFECT for New Year’s Eve. It’s festive, easy to prepare and totally a crowd pleaser.
If you’ve never had plantain chips, now is the time to try them. I sprinkled mine with a chili salt, and honestly, they are addicting. I know you guys will love them!! Plus, this is actually a pretty healthy way to start your New Years Eve off. These chips are light…meaning you’ll still have room for all the yummy mains… plus be good to mix in a few drinks as well! YES.
Pomegranate Guacamole with Fried Plantain Chips.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 147 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 3 large ripe hass avocados halved, seeded and peeled (they have to be ripe!)
- 1 large or 2 small limes juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 leave large jalapeño seeded + chopped ( some of the seeds in for a little heat)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped (or more to your liking)
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese optional
- Add the avocado halves to a medium size mixing bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the avocados and toss well to coat. Add the cumin. Now grab a fork and lightly mash the avocados. I like to keep my guacamole on the chunky side. Next fold in the chopped jalapeño, cilantro, pomegranate arils and a pinch of salt. Stir in the feta cheese (if using). Taste and season with more salt if desired. Grab some plantain chips (recipe below) and dig in!
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder and salt.
- Heat an inch or so of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the plantains and fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until just lightly golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Now transfer the plantains to a cutting board and, using the back of a wooden spoon, smash them down into round flat disks.
- Return the plantains to the hot oil and fry another 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden and crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with chili salt. Chips are best eaten right after frying, but any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Pomegranate Guacamole with Fried Plantain Chips, I’ll take the whole plate. PLEASE. 🙂