Easy Crockpot (Christmas Eve) Chex Mix (VIDEO).
Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!!
This is honestly my very favorite day of the year and I am so exited. My family is all here, we’ve been getting a bunch of snow and there is more predicted to start falling tonight… it really could not be better. I am keeping things SUPER short today seeing as I have tons of cooking and family time ahead.
I am sharing one of my all time favorite recipes, CHEX MIX!! We make Chex Mix every Christmas Eve. My mom has a secrete recipe and it’s the best. I took her exact recipe and made it in the crockpot to free up space in the oven. I don’t know about you guys, but my oven is always jam-packed on Christmas Eve. Since it’s always hard to find space for TWO pans of Chex Mix in the oven, I thought I would try my mom’s recipe out in the crockpot.
You guys, it worked out SO well and I personally think it’s much easier than cooking the mix in the oven. If your family is a fan of Chex Mix and you’re looking for a snack to serve today, tomorrow or really anytime, then you HAVE to give this recipe a try. It’s perfection!
Easy Crockpot (Christmas Eve) Chex Mix.
Keyword: chex mix, christmas, crockpot, festive, party
If your family is a fan of Chex Mix and you're looking for a snack to serve today, tomorrow or really anytime, then you HAVE to give this recipe a try. It's perfection!
- 3 cups corn chex
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups whole wheat chex
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 2 cups bite-size pretzels
- 2 cups garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular bagel chips
- 1 sticks (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a large crockpot. Using a spatula stir the mixture well, making sure everything is moistened and even coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring every hour to ensure even cooking. After three hours, line 2 baking sheets with paper towels and spread the chex mix out to cool, about 15 minutes (or just start eating!!). Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
*Adapted from My [Mom's Secret Christmas Eve Chex Mix | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/moms-secret-christmas-eve-chex-mix/]. Use this recipe if you do not have a crockpot!
Hope you enjoy this Easy Crockpot (Christmas Eve) Chex Mix. Have a very Merry Christmas!! See you Sunday for the start of my Mexican feast! 🙂