And welcome to Monday!! I am so excited! ?
Excited because one, it’s BLT Monday.
It’s how we add zest to a Monday. Cause I mean, how can your day not be good when things like pineapple and bacon are involved?!?
You see, EXCITED!
Second reason I’m exited, it’s a new week, full of new recipes, fun projects and beautiful photographs. Honestly, I should be tired, but I just feel kind of energized, and like I said, excited!
Now, if only someone could answer all those unread emails I did not get to yesterday…ugh. Emails – at the moment, you are kind of my worst enemy.
So anyway, how was everyone’s one weekend? I don’t really want to chat about mine since it snowed the entire weekend and I wrote recipes all day Saturday. Oh, BUT one fun thing did happen, since I was busy writing recipes on Saturday, my younger brother Kai and his girlfriend Caitlin took over my snapchat and made these Philly Cheesesteaks. I talked them through the whole process, so it kind of defeated the purpose, but it was super fun to watch them make a recipe of mine. And I mean, of course they loved them. I think the cheesesteaks may be one of only a handful of recipes on the site that Kai will actually eat… and love, but umm, Cait ate the onions, mushrooms and peppers… Kai totally left them out.
Cait’s the smart one of those two for sure. 🙂
So that was the highlight of my weekend. It’s still snowing and dreary here, but it’s supposed to clear out by the end of the week, and for that I am happy!
Positive thoughts! ?
For real though, what did you guys do??? Did you cook good things?? Cook some terrific spring recipes? Eat all the leftover chocolate from Easter? Make margaritas?!?! Tell me, I’ve gotta get some excitement through you guys!
SIDE NOTE: any recipe requests? For spring and early summer? Let me know! Oh and video requests too!
Okok, so let’s talk about this Pineapple BLT now.
Not gonna lie, it’s one for the books. Meaning it’s kind of epic in every way shape and form.
Let’s break it down piece by piece.
…start with some really good sourdough bread. You want thicker slices, but not so thick that it makes your BLT bready…that is no good.
…slather on some sweet chili butter…this is KEY. Oh this sweet chili butter, it makes these BLT’s – trust me. Sweet, salted and spicy, DO NOT skip this. OK? good.
…grill or toast that buttered bread. Oh yeah, gettin goood.
…add your sriracha “mayo”. I am not a fan of mayo so I always use tahini in place, so much better in my opinion and healthier too!
…layer on the lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, bacon, avocado (always gotta have an avocado on a BLT…making it a BLAT) and pineapple. The combo of pineapple and bacon guys??!! Amazing.
…this next layer is optional, but then really? it’s kind of not… add that fried egg.
…next add that final piece of toasted, buttered bread and give that BLT a little smoosh down.
…EAT. DEVOUR. BE HAPPY.
Hehe, lovin my drama today. Honestly, I don’t know where this energy is coming from, but I am digging it. Like bring it on Monday!
I think it’s got everything to do with that fact that I may or may not be making too many delicious recipes as well as the fact that I am finally sharing these BLT’s with you.
I’ve been pumped about them for weeks!!
Yes, I get way too excited about my recipes – issues guys, issues.
In my most serious, focused voice though: you guys HAVE to give these BLT’s a try. To be honest, a classic BLT bores me a bit. In order for me to be in LOVE with the classic BLT the tomatoes would have to be down right incredible, but for me personally that has yet to happen. This is why I choose to make BLT’s like this. So much goodness, so many flavors and yet still so quick and easy.
Perfect Monday meal…
Pineapple BLT with Sweet Chili Butter + Sriracha "Mayo".
Servings: 4 BLT'S
Calories Per Serving: 737 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
Sweet Chili Butter
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
View Recipe Comments
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon water at a time until your desired "mayo" like consistency is reached. Keep stored, covered in the fridge until ready to serve or up to 1 week.
Sweet Chili Butter
- Stir together the butter and chili sauce until combined.
- Heat a skillet, grill pan or grill to high heat. Sear the pineapple slices on bother sides until caramelized, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and place on a plate.
- Using the sweet chili butter, butter both sides of each slices of bread and place the bread on the grill/skillet. Cook until LIGHTLY toasted, about 1-2 minutes per side. Don't over toast the bread as you want it crusty on the edges and soft in the middle.
- To assemble, spread a little sriracha mayo over each piece of bread. Layer on the lettuce, tomatoes (season the tomatoes with salt + pepper), bacon, pineapple and avocado. If desired. Add a fried egg. Add the top piece of bread. Give the sandwich a little smoosh down to adhere....EAT!
So let’s do this. Happy Pineapple BLT Monday! ?