Sweet, buttery, salty, and oh so creamy, this is the best Peaches and Cream Pretzel Pie. The crust is a mix of salty pretzels, sweet honey, and a bit of butter. The cream filling is made with four base ingredients…heavy cream, crème fraîche, vanilla, and a touch of sugar. The filling is spooned into the salty crust and topped with in-season honeyed peaches. Trust me, this peaches and cream pie is roll your eyes back delicious. Every bite is sweet, salty, creamy, and bursting with juicy peaches. The perfect summertime treat!
Happy Friday, happy August!
And for real, thank goodness it’s Friday, what a week! At this current moment in time, I want nothing more than to tell you about this pie and then go chill for the rest of the weekend. Will that actually happen? No probably not. If you couldn’t already tell from my tone, it’s been a bit of a week. Some of it great, some of it, well, a bit frustrating. You know those days when one thing goes wrong, and then it’s like a domino effect, and everything goes wrong?
Yeah, that kind of sums up parts of my week. I mean, don’t get me wrong, nothing horrible happened, it just had some frustrating moments. Such is life though, right? It’s not always sunshine and daisies, but it’s ok. Days like today just make you appreciate the good ones all that much more. So on the bright side, one not so great day means I can look forward to an amazing day in the very near feature.
Positivity people…let’s embrace it.
Also? Let’s embrace this peaches and cream pretzel pie. Meaning, let’s talk about it and then make it this weekend!
Sound good? GREAT. I’m going to tell you all the details and then impatiently stalk Instagram for your photos of pie all weekend. My favorite thing in the world is viewing what everyone has made on Instagram. It’s so fun and you guys always do such a good job!!
The crust. It’s made with pretzels, honey, and butter. Sooo, it’s salty, sweet, and buttery. It gets toasted in the oven until golden and lightly browned, giving it a bit of a nutty browned butter flavor. Meaning it is perfectly delicious.
The filling? It’s also perfect. Made with cream and my current favorite ingredient, crème fraîche. Using crème fraîche in addition to heavy cream creates a light, airy, and extra creamy whipped cream. Lightly sweetened and flavored with vanilla, it’s the perfect rich cream to spoon into the salty crust.
For the peaches, I kept them simple. Honey + peaches = the best summer combo.
Now, layer everything together and you’ll have the perfect peaches and cream pretzel pie. It. Is. DELICIOUS.
And oh so pretty too.
Ok, now some notes because you need to know a few things.
Thing one: you need to allow time for the pie to chill. The cream needs time to set up and become firm enough for slicing, so make sure to plan ahead when making this.
Thing two: slicing this pie is messy. Yeah, messy. There’s really no other way to say it. With the peaches on top and the cream on the bottom, it’s just a messy pie to cut into. Do not let this scare you away. Sometimes you just need to embrace messy. In the case of this pie, messy is a good thing.
Thing three: well, thing two brings me to thing three. If you want a cleaner cut, freeze your pie, which is what I did for these photos. Freezing the pie makes creating clean slices super easy. By the time you’ve sliced the pie, it’s pretty thawed out and perfect for eating. That said, the frozen pie will not be quite as creamy as the non-frozen pie. Which is why I’m providing you with BOTH variations. Use the one you’ll love best.
And with that. I think we should all spend a little time on Friday making peaches and cream pie. I’d start with this laid back pasta dinner and finish up with pie. I’d also like to binge-watch the new Veronica Mars (anyone else with me on that?).
Certainly my ideal night.
See you all Sunday for another favorites post!
Lastly, if you make this Peaches and Cream Pretzel Pie be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Peaches and Cream Pretzel Pie.
Servings: 8 1 (9 inch) pie
Calories Per Serving: 519 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground salted pretzel crumbs
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Peaches and Cream Filling
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces crème fraîche, or room temperature cream cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons confectionerś sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam or preserves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 ripe, but firm peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. To make the crust. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.2. In a medium bowl, combine the pretzel crumbs, butter, honey, and cinnamon, and mix until combined. Remove 2 tablespoons of the dough and spread on a small baking sheet. Press the remaining dough into an 8-9 inch pie plate. Transfer both to the oven and bake until toasted, about 8 minutes. Let cool completely before filling. Break the extra dough into crumbs and set aside for serving. 3. Meanwhile, make the cream. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream and vanilla on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the crème fraîche and sugar and beat until incorporated, 30 seconds. Chill until ready to use.4. To assemble, spread the raspberry jam over the bottom of the cooled crust and then spoon the cream over top, spreading in an even layer. Cover and chill for 6 hours, preferably overnight, until firm. Alternately, see freezing directions below.5. To make the peaches. Bring the honey to a low boil in a medium saucepan, simmer 1 minute and remove from the heat and stir in the peaches, tossing to combine. Let sit 10 minutes, until cooled. 6. To serve, spoon a few peach slices over the cream, reserving the remaining peaches + honey for serving individually. Add a handful of raspberries and sprinkle on the reserve pretzel crumbs. Slice and serve immediately, topped with additional peaches and honey sauce. To make a frozen pie. Complete the recipe through step 4. Chill the pie while you make the peaches, then top the pie with peaches and freeze until firm, 3-4 hours or overnight. To serve, remove the pie 10 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve as directed above. The pie can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
View Recipe Comments
To make ahead: if you'd like to make the pie ahead time, just keep the peaches off the pie until serving (unless you are making the frozen pie). You can keep the pie and honeyed peaches separately in the fridge for about a day before you are ready to serve.
Summery and Absolutely delicious. I cooked the peaches a bit longer to sweat the juices out some but leave them still crisp. My family loved it, it’s was pretty easy to make, and I will definitely make again.
Fantastic!! I love to hear that this recipe was a hit, thanks for trying it out! xTieghan
I have to bring something for a dinner party…do you think I could double this and do it in a 13×9?
Sure, I bet that would work well for you! I hope this recipe turns out amazing, please let me know if you give it a try! xTieghan
Loved this pie ! but next time I might use less middle mixture and put a little more raspberry jam on base. Just for my own personal taste but I say give this one a go. Just the right balance of sweetness and I loved the pretzel base?❤️
Amazing!! I am so glad to hear that this recipe was enjoyed, thanks so much for making it and sharing your feedback:)
Is heavy cream a must? Was trying to make it a bit healthier…?
You could try coconut cream:) Let me know if you give the recipe a try, I hope you love it! xx
I would love to try this. Could I substitute maple syrup when I make the peaches? Or perhaps brown sugar? ?
Totally, either of those would work well for you! Please let me know if you give the recipe a try, I hope it turns out amazing for you! xTieghan
I’ve made this recipe a few times and it’s always a hit!! Made it again tonight for a dinner party tomorrow. The perfect amount of sweet, salty and tart! I like adding vanilla bean for those pretty flecks too!
Happy Friday!! I love to hear that this recipe was a winner, thanks so much for giving it a try!! xTieghan
This recipe is amazing if you like lighter desserts. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty and so easy to make!
Thanks so much for your comment and sharing your feedback! I love to hear that this recipe was a hit and thanks for making it! xTieghan
What do you recommend using if we can’t get good peaches right now?
I would use frozen peaches, that should work well for you. Please let me know if you give the recipe a try, I hope you love it! xTieghan
This pie was soooo delicious. I definitely prefer it chilled over frozen though 🙂 Such a perfect pie for summer!
Awesome! So good to hear that this recipe was a winner, thanks a bunch for giving it a try! xx
A new favorite!! We had so much fun making this and it was delicious!
Thanks so much for giving this recipe a try, I love to hear that is was enjoyed:) xTieghan
I love this recipe it is a hit everytime and pretty easy. I like to make 2 at the same time and freeze them until I need them which is pretty quickly during peach season.
Happy Wednesday!? Thanks so much for making this recipe so often, I am so glad it is always enjoyed! xxT
Great summer pie! Will make this one again.
Happy Sunday! Thanks so much for making this recipe, I am so glad that it was enjoyed!! ☀️xTieghan
How would it affect the pie if I layered the peaches on the bottom and cream on top for a cleaner look?
I don’t see why that wouldn’t work for you. Please let me know if you give the recipe a try, I hope you love it! xTieghan