Peach Burrata Pizza with Honey Balsamic.
It’s a summer pizza kind of Thursday! YES.
Do you guys ever have weeks where all you really want to make is pizza? I feel like I’ve been making at least a pizza a week since June, and I cannot lie, it’s been amazing. I have done so many yummy combos, but today’s Peach Burrata Pizza with Honey Balsamic has got to be one of my favorites of the summer.
I mean, peaches + burrata + honey balsamic?!? Yes, please!
So you guys! Serious talk.
I think that I need to go to Italy, and while there, I need to eat all the pizza, pasta and burrata I can get my hands on because I’ve been obsessed with them lately! Like I cannot get enough, it’s all I want to cook, eat and photograph. Have you noticed? Plus, this time next week I will hopefully be winding down from a big week of video shoots. I should also be off cookbook duty, at least for a little while (turning first draft of manuscript in on Sunday!). This means I can maybe, just maybe, have a day to like chill the heck out.
What do you think? On my chill day should I plan a trip to Italy? Yeah, I’m thinking that’s a little ambitious for me right now. I should probably just get a head start on planning Asher’s Birthday trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but Italy soonish! Maybe I can get my Nonnie to go with me next summer or something. Who knows, but until then I’ll just keep making pizzas with all the burrata I can find.
OH, but I gotta know, any of you guys that have traveled to Italy, where should I go? What should I EAT? Please tell me, I am so curious!!
OK, but let’s chat about this here pizza.
It’s kind of perfection in my eyes, seeing as it literally has all of my very favorites. I’m talking, basil, peaches, blue cheese, burrata cheese, salami and balsamic. Yum and YUM!
Here’s what you need to know about this pizza.
…it is super easy and fast to make. Pizza dinner in under thirty minutes. Score!
…while I love blue cheese, and think it pairs so incredibly well with peaches, I do fully understand that not everyone is into it. If this is the case for you, you can use goat cheese, or just add a little extra burrata to your pizza.
…I used fresh, ripe peaches, but any stone fruit would be amazing… nectarines, cherries, plums or maybe even a combo! 🙂
…for my meat, I went with salami. I adore it paired with the peaches and burrata. You could also use prosciutto or simply omit the meat to make the pizza vegetarian.
As you can see, it’s a very easy pizza to adapt…but I gotta say, I love this pizza just the way I am telling you to make it. Be a little adventurous, give blue cheese another try, load on the yummy salami, and then even more burrata, and let’s all eat pizza!!
I mean, OK if you insist.
PS. Thanks to everyone for all of your kind comments on Tuesday’s post! If you have yet to check out Tuesday’s post, please do it now! There’s a giveaway happening, and um…breakfast popsicles! For real.
Peach and Burrata Pizza with Honey Balsamic.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: burrata, honey, peach, pizza
A delicious summer pizza
- 1/2 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 3-5 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 3-4 ripe peaches thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt + pepper to taste
- handful of Italian microgreens
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until until it is pretty thin (about a 10-12 inch circle). Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the dough with pesto and top with blue cheese. Add the sliced peaches and about half of the basil. Drizzle the pizza lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden, the cheese has melted and the peaches have caramelized. Remove from the oven and top with salami and burrata. Allow the burrata to sit on the pizza and warm through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle on the remaining basil, and drizzle the pizza with the honey balsamic (see below). if desired add a handful of microgreens. Slice and eat!
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Serve, drizzled over the pizza.
Pizza Thursday for the win! ?