Open Faced Rosemary Chicken, Peach, and Bacon Sandwich.
Open Faced Rosemary Chicken, Peach, and Bacon Sandwich. Grilled ciabatta bread with rosemary balsamic chicken, sweet peaches, crisp bacon, greens, and a lemony parmesan vinaigrette. Kind of like a salad on grilled bread, and kind of delicious. This is the perfect 30 minute summer grilling recipe for any time of the week.
Well, it’s official, I am obsessed with summer recipes and I really hope you guys are excited about them too. Not sure it gets more summery than this pretty, peach filled open faced sandwich.
Not going to lie, this is definitely one of my favorite recipes I’ll be sharing this month. It’s just so good, fun, and easy!
When I was brainstorming recipes for this month, I was really all over the place with ideas, and if being honest, I was having a hard time. My struggle was that I needed to create all of my recipes for June and into July, all in the first week of June. Yes, all before leaving on our trip to the Caribbean, where I will be with my family for a week, and then in NYC for a week. Which means completing a lot of content to share with you all.
Here’s the thing, my favorite way to develop recipes is day by day. Meaning each day I cook, I start with fresh with new ideas. I do this mostly because I just get bored with old ideas and find excitement in creating new recipes each day…
Welcome to my brain, it’s insane.
Anyway, since I was “bulking” up on recipes, I tried to be a little more planned out, but in the end, I ended up doing what I do best, allowing the seasonal ingredients to inspire me each day, and as always, this method did not fail. I have to say, I am SO excited about everything coming up over the next three weeks…
And, this open faced sandwich is one of my favorites for sure.
Oddly, this recipe was developed after a long day of cooking and using ingredients I had on hand at the time.
It starts with some grilled ciabatta bread. If you’ve never grilled bread, prepare to fall in love. Grilled bread is better than anything. It’s toasty and charred on the outside, but the insides are still soft. Best of both worlds.
While the bread is grilling, toss together the chicken breasts with a little olive oil, lots of fresh rosemary (we have so much growing in the garden right now), lemon zest, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Add the chicken to the grill, along with some honey drizzled peaches. When everything comes off the grill, arrange a few handfuls of leafy greens over the grilled bread and top with peaches, chicken, bacon, cherry tomatoes, and a little blue cheese (you can use feta or goat or whatever you love, but I love stinky blue cheese).
While everything is cooking, mix up the parmesan vinaigrette. It’s super simple, so it will take maybe five minutes to make, and trust me, you have to drizzle this over your open faced sandwich. It’s the perfect final step and makes all those greens taste really, really good.
And that’s it. Simple, pretty, so incredibly tasty, healthy, very fresh, very seasonal, and just all around good.
Loving this as a light summer weekend lunch or an easy any night of the week dinner.
Also, I know it’s very, very early in the the peach season, but we’ve had some seriously delicious California peaches here in Colorado. And while they may not be “local”, they did come from Frog Hollow Farms, and my gosh, they are so good. I figured I had them, so why not use them!
Hoping this recipe will inspire you to think outside the peach pie and take the savory route. Personally, I’m all about using peaches in a savory way…
So what do you say? Dinner tonight? Yes, please.
If you make this opened faced rosemary chicken sandwich, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. Oh, and of course, if you do make this easy, summery chicken dinner, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Open Faced Rosemary Chicken, Peach, and Bacon Sandwich
Keyword: chicken sandwich, easy recipe, open sandwich
Grilled ciabatta bread with rosemary balsamic chicken, sweet peaches, crisp bacon, greens, and a lemony parmesan vinaigrette. Kind of like a salad on grilled bread, and kind of delicious. This is the perfect 30 minute summer grilling recipe for any time of the week.
- 4 ripe peaches, quartered
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise
- 4 cups fresh arugula or spring salad mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 strips crispy bacon, crumbled
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
1. Preheat your grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet to medium high and brush the grates with oil.
2. Drizzle the peaches with honey. Add the chicken to a bowl and toss with the olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
3. Rub the cut sides of the ciabatta with olive oil. Place. Place, cut side down on the grill and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly charred.
4. To the grill, add the chicken, grill for 5-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes Thinly slice the chicken. During the same time, grill the peaches for 2-3 minutes or until light char marks appear, flip and grill another 2-3 minutes.
5. to assemble, arrange the salad greens on the grilled bread, top with tomatoes, peaches, and chicken. Crumble on the bacon and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with basil. Enjoy!
1. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or bowl. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
For real though, that vinaigrette? With the rosemary chicken? And peaches? And bacon? SO GOOD.
Our Favorite Recipes
Grilled Corn and Feta Egg in a Hole Avocado Toast.