Thanks for joining me for another Nine Favorite Things post.
Hey, hi! Welcome back to Nine Favorite Things! After a month of an extreme amount of holiday content here on HBH, I’m so excited to bring back my 9 favorite things post! So many fun things to share today.
First off, I hope you’re all having a great start to the new year! Mine has been awesome, but I’m working through what I call a “photo rut”. Meaning, I’m currently hating all the photos I am taking. I think I’m just bored with them. Whenever this happens I know I am in need of new props, so below I’m sharing a few favorite pieces that I just ordered and cannot wait to have arrive.
In other news, it was a busy week around here working on blog content, a new project for 2018 (a couple actually), and also doing a little filming for an upcoming feature in USA Today, which was cool because I got to film with my brother Red. I believe the feature will be live sometime this month, I’ll be sure to let you guys know when it does!
Kind of jam packed, but all good things!
Speaking of good things, we kicked off Healthy January on Tuesday and I’m curious to hear what you guys think? Are you loving the recipes? Are they inspiring you to cook healthy this January?! As always, I would love your feedback and if there’s anything you’d like to see me make, let me know in the comments.
Coming up this week on the blog we have plenty of new healthy recipes including a Thai soup, super green pasta, a savory breakfast, a little Mexican, and of course something sweet!
Hope you have a great Sunday and don’t forget to check out #9 for dinner inspiration for the upcoming week!
Enjoy this week’s favorites!
1. My 2018 New Year’s Resolutions:
- take one night a week off from working and do something I enjoy, like dinner with my family or just RELAX.
- carve out more time to spend with Asher, because before I know it she’s going to be a teen and totally over hanging with her big sis.
- work to be a better leader by giving better direction and consistent communication.
- post more recipe videos and how-to’s to Instagram Stories.
- focus on video content for Instagram and the blog.
- hire a new HBH team member (exciting!!).
- work to grow HBH as a brand. This is a big goal for the year, and I’m excited to already be diving into this!
2. 20 things to do on a snow day…let’s have a productive snow day!
So I found the above link and thought is was a super productive way to spend a snow day…but, my team booed at my productive snow day and said to get outside and have fun! I really couldn’t argue with this, maybe take a few suggestions from both lists and divide your day? Or you know, just have FUN! Here are our top 8 choices for a super fun snow day.
- Grab your sled, summer floaties or even a cardboard box and head to your nearest sledding hill.
- Build a snow fort, we like to using these, or use sand buckets.
- Lay in the snow and make angels together…make a snow angel family!
- Go for a hike in the snow…if you have them, grab your snowshoes (tips for winter hiking)!
- Build a snowman. Get creative with licorice, candy canes, candy necklaces or gummy eyes. If you have some winter cookie cutters grab those too and press them onto or around your new buddy!
- Decorate a tree with edible garland for the birds. Try using a fishing line to string on popcorn, cranberries, cereal and a pine cone filled with peanut butter (you can even roll it in bird seed).
- Before you go inside, be sure to have a snowball fight!
- After your outside activities come in and warm u by the fire with one of these hot cocoas.
3. New dishes I bought…
4. In need of Inspiration?
I feel like the New Year can be both inspiring and stressful. Everyone’s out there making new year’s goals and putting on their game face. That’s great, but it can also be stressful if you’re feeling uninspired or unsure of your goals for the new year. I loved reading this article on finding creative inspiration again and breaking out of a rut. I’ve gone through these kinds of ruts before, so I’m excited to have the tips below in my back pocket for when inspiration is lacking.
Do you have any tricks to help inspire you again creatively? Here are mine:
- make time for exercise.
- be grateful.
- get organized.
- ask for help if needed.
Also loved these:
5. New Videos:
Best EASY Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Souvlaki…my family’s favorite.
Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup…so easy. So GOOD.
Chipotle Adobo Chicken Quesadilla…never enough Mexican.
Homemade Cheddar Pierogi…the best kind of comfort food.
Easy Chicken Coq au Riesling…aka chicken in the most delicious white wine cream sauce.
Crispy Cheesy Potato Stacks…favorite potato dish.
Overnight Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls…Sunday breakfast.
Fresh Mint Moscow Mule…the drink of winter around here.
Salted Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter Blondies…for your sweet tooth.
6. Detoxing January? Check out these guides.
I am not a fan of detoxing, BUT I do love healthy eating and the Goop guides below are balanced, and all sound delish. If you’re trying to eat healthier this January. I also love the beauty, kitchen and home detox guides too!
7. A Few Links I am Loving…
Anna Camp interview…a fun read, especially since I really didn’t know much about her.
12 things to cut out in 2018…stress is my big one.
fun things to do on a Saturday…you know, to plan for next Saturday.
5 mood boosting ideas to snap out of a bad mood…I’m all about exercising every day.
10 motovating quotes for when you don’t feel like working out…number 10 is my favorite.
8. My Favorite Winter Snow Gear…
9. This Weeks Dinners:
Wednesday: Rejuvenating Winter Broccoli Salad
Thursday: Quick Kale and Mushroom Pho
Check out all the past Favorites posts here.