Buttery Mushroom and Clam Pasta.
Buttery Mushroom and Clam Pasta!! Bucatini pasta tossed with buttery mushrooms, fresh clams, sweet corn, and herbs. This pasta makes for a delicious 30 minute seafood dinner that’s easy enough for a weeknight, and fancy enough for the weekend. Trust me, make this summery pasta and everyone will love you for it!
After the perfect summer weekend, I am feeling so ready for the week! How about you?
I can’t think of a better recipe to kick the first full week of June off with than this mushroom and clam pasta. I know that salads are much more of a Monday thing, but you guys know me, when it comes to food, I don’t do the expected.
So pasta on Monday!
Over the weekend I spent most of Saturday working and brainstorming new summer recipes. I seem to be very into fruit based desserts this summer: zucchini, corn, pizza, pasta, salads, and stone fruit. All of the recipes coming up this month include at least one very summery ingredient. I am so excited.
I am also very excited for tomatoes. Specifically heirloom tomatoes. They’re my favorite and I can’t wait until they start showing up at the farm stand. I’m trying my hardest to hold off a bit on the burst of tomato recipes I’m dying to share, until tomatoes really start to come into season. Our local farm stand, which sells my favorite heirloom cherry tomatoes, will not open until mid to late June. So until then, I will be patiently waiting for those tomatoes to arrive…
While I am waiting, it’s all about the ingredients I do have, fresh herbs, mushrooms, and sweet corn…and clams and pasta.
Enter this buttery clam filled bucatini pasta.
Oh my gosh. YOU GUYS. This pasta is too good for words. It’s a bowl full of summery carbs. If you love clams, you will love this recipe.
It’s also a thirty minute dinner that’s made (almost) entirely in one pan. Meaning it’s easy and quick…and the perfect Monday night dinner.
Let’s talk recipe details.
It all starts with the pasta. I use bucatini, because it’s my current pasta obsession, but you can totally use your favorite long cut pasta. It’s classic to do linguine and clams, if that’s more your thing, but personally? I love how the hole running down through the middle of the bucatini fills with sauce. It makes every bite delicious.
Start off by boiling your pasta and reserving some of that pasta cooking water for the sauce. While the pasta is cooking, get started on the mushrooms.
Here’s the thing, this recipe has two key ingredients, mushrooms and clams. For the mushrooms, I love a good wild mushroom, but creminis would be great here too. The really important thing is caramelizing the mushrooms with a little olive oil before adding anything else to them. This step will give the mushrooms and the pasta sauce so much good flavor.
Once the mushrooms are ready, you’ll simply add all of the following ingredients to the pan: butter, sweet corn, a little garlic, and fresh herbs. Then add white wine and the clams, cook for a little until the clams open up, add the pasta, toss, and you’re done.
Pretty simple, but yet so fresh and so good.
I found the mushrooms to be the ultimate paring with the clams. The buttery savory flavors are perfect with the combination of pasta and fresh seafood. If you wanted to add a touch more greens, finishing the bowls off with a few handfuls of fresh baby arugula or dandelion greens would be extra delicious, and pretty too.
And maybe a Monday night glass of wine…
Hey it’s summer, so I feel like anything goes. We have to really enjoy these days while they’re here. Live it up guys!
If you make this buttery mushroom and clam pasta, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. Oh, and of course, if you do make this, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Buttery Mushroom and Clam Pasta
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: pasta main course, quick recipe, seafood pasta
Bucatini pasta tossed with buttery mushrooms, fresh clams, sweet corn, and herbs. This pasta makes for a delicious 30 minute seafood dinner that's easy enough for a weeknight, and fancy enough for the weekend!
- 3/4 pound bucatini or other long cut pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 ear yellow corn, kernels removed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 little neck clams, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1/4 cup manchego cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/3 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- crushed red pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the mushrooms and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or until golden, stir and continue cooking until the mushrooms have caramelized, 3-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter, corn, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is caramelized and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the reserved pasta cooking water, the wine and the balsamic vinegar. Stir in the clams. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cover the pot with a lid and cook until all the clams have opened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Stir the pasta and manchego cheese. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, discard the garlic cloves.
4. Divide among bowls and top with fresh herbs and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!
Pasta, seafood, and wine, my kind of Monday night. Enjoy!
Our Favorite Recipes
Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Pie.