Mediterranean Grilled Lamb Kebabs.
Hey, hey, hi! Happy Saturday!
Stopping in for a special post today to share a new favorite cookbook of mine, Lexi’s Clean Kitchen! If you guys are unfamiliar with Lexi and her blog, Lexi’s Clean Kitchen, I highly recommend you familiarize yourselves by heading on over and taking a look, you’ll love what you see! Lexi creates incredible recipes and they all have a healthy spin, perfect right? She just recently released her first cookbook and it’s simply amazing. Packed full of one hundred and fifty delicious paleo-friendly recipes, there’s everything from cozy breakfasts, to on-the-go lunches, to sweet treats. So a little of everything, and a little something for everyone.
When flipping through the pages of Lexi’s cookbook, I came across so many recipes that I’d honestly love to make. However, her recipe for Mediterranean Grilled Lamb Kebabs is one that really stood out. I almost never cook lamb, and oddly one of my goals for 2017 is to try to cook with more lamb, it’s such a healthy meat. Clearly, this recipe was a must make and it surely did not disappoint. The secret is all in the marinade, which is a mix up of all my favorite mediterranean flavors: parsley, marjoram, olive oil, lemon juice and lots of garlic! <–YUM.
The meat marinates for a bit and is then grilled to perfection along with bell peppers and red onions. And guys, seriously, why is food on a stick always just so much more fun? I think it’s the whole finger food thing.
I know that we are still a bit a way from spring, but that doesn’t mean we can’t break out our grill pans and pretend warmer weather is here, right? Ahh right, as snow quietly falls outside my window…
Speaking of the snow, I hope you guys have fun plans for the weekend. I’m headed out of town for work on Monday, so I’m cramming in a bit of computer time today, but hoping to spend some time outside too!
Mediterranean Grilled Lamb Kebabs
Recipe reprinted with permission from Lexi's Clean Kitchen: 150 Delicious Paleo-Friendly Recipes to Nourish Your Life.
for the marinade
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
for the skewers
- 2 pounds top round lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
2. Pat the lamb cubes dry and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Put the lamb and marinade in a glass dish or resealable plastic bag. Toss to evenly coat the meat and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
4. Place a cube of lamb on a skewer, followed by the peppers and onions. Repeat until the skewers are filled.
5. Oil the hot grill pan, then place the skewers on the grill. Cook the lamb to the desired doneness, turning the skewers every 1 to 2 minutes (7 to 8 minutes total for medium doneness).
Have a great Saturday! See ya tomorrow for a new favorites post!