Meal Prep Moroccan Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower Bowls.
Meal Prep Moroccan Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower Bowls!!!
And try saying that ten times fast. Total tongue twister, but you know me, I had to get it all in there for you guys.
First things first here, happy Monday! Things have been very exciting over here with all this Olympic talk. Over the weekend they officially announced the US Olympic Snowboard Team after the last qualifier on Saturday. And while we already knew Red had his spot locked in, it was incredibly fun and amazing to watch him being announce as a US Olympic Snowboard Team member. I mean, pretty sure it was a pinch me moment for everyone in my family. And as if that wasn’t cool enough, one if his best friends confirmed his spot on the team as well. Kind of feels like I have two family members headed to Korea to compete and it’s the craziest thing. Could not be more exited for these kids.
Anyway, I’m also very excited for this week because it is jam packed. It’s weird that I love a good busy week? As mentioned in yesterday’s favorite’s post, I’m doubling up on work these days in order to prepare for two upcoming small work trips, and then it’s off for the big trip to Korea. It’s a lot of work, but I love having extra productive days. I’ll be finishing the week off in Aspen for X-Games, which should be pretty fun as well.
Since a lot of my days have been filled with what I call “computer” work, I wanted to share with you guys one of the meals I have been prepping on Sundays for busy nights when I just don’t have time to cook anything.
Say hello to the loaded Moroccan bowl.
And when I say loaded, I do mean loaded. This meal prep bowl is packed with couscous, spicy roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower. I served it up with a bright carrot and orange salad, some massaged lemon kale, and an avocado…because no “bowl” recipe is complete without an avocado. Obviously.
What I love most about this recipes, I mean aside from its major tastiness, is that it’s also super healthy, and super easy to prepare.
I’m talking one sheet pan and done kind of easy.
YESSS. I love a good sheet pan dinner, and this Moroccan one is quickly becoming a winter staple in my kitchen.
You’ll start by roasting the sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Then add some heavily seasoned chickpeas to the sheet pan and continue roasting until the chickpeas are crisp and the veggies are extra tender. To meal prep this, you’ll arrange everything in glass storage containers (these are my favorite) with some cooked couscous or quinoa and the carrot salad. Pop the containers in the fridge and you have easy lunches and dinners for the rest of the week. I like to add the avocado the day of for obvious reasons, but if you squeeze some lemon over your avocado and then wrap it in plastic wrap, or store in your glass containers, it should stay mostly green for a day or two.
Pretty simple and easy, right?
I’ve been loving prepping these for the week ahead, and have even been thinking about doing a meal prep series here on HBH. Is that something you guys might be into? Do you want more meal prep recipes, tips and tricks? Let me know and I’ll start plotting something out for you guys!
In the meantime, let’s all agree that these Moroccan bowls need to be in our lives this week. Like maybe dinner tonight?
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me…
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Meal Prep Moroccan Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower Bowls
Course: Main Course
Keyword: cauliflower bowls, meal prep, vegan meal
Simple, easy and delicious. Perfect for preparing ahead and lunches or dinners throughout the week.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 14 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch kale, roughly torn
- 2 cups cooked couscous or quinoa
- shredded carrots, orange segments, pomegranate arils, and pistachios, for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chickpeas, garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and spoon the chickpeas around the veggies. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until the chickpeas are crisped.
4. In a medium bowl, massage the kale with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
5. To assemble, divide the couscous among bowls. Top with the roasted veggies and chickpeas. Add the kale, carrots, and orange. Sprinkle with pomegranates and pistachios. Keep in the fridge. Add the avocado before serving and drizzle with lemon juice.
Promise these bowls will brighten up your Monday.
PS. if you’re looking for other meal prep recipes, check out this Chicken Shawarma.
Our Favorite Recipes
Crockpot Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup.