Jammy Strawberry Galette.
Bursting with fresh spring strawberries and sweet jam this Jammy Strawberry Galette is truly a spring and summer treat. Made with a flaky pistachio studded pastry dough, fresh berries, sweet jam, honey, and a touch of vanilla. This galette is beyond delicious, super simple, and extra pretty. Bonus…you can swap the strawberries for your favorite berry, or use a combo of fresh berries! Either way, you can’t go wrong with this galette. Serve with vanilla ice cream for the ultimate berry filled pastry.
When I come across something I especially love, I really embrace it…and sometimes maybe go overboard. Case in point? Jams. Right now I could not be more obsessed with fruity jams. I’ve been using both sweet and savory jams in so many of my recipes. Have you guys noticed? Recently, I had you choose the jam flavor in everyone’s favorite croissant french toast. I used blueberry jam in these popular blueberry muffins and blueberry lemon ricotta pancakes. And there’s been multiple other jam recipes in the last year here on HBH. It’s safe to say I really love jam…
Which is just another reason why I’m excited to be heading to LA on Sunday. I’ve been told I need to try all the jams from Sqirl, and visit all the local farm markets. So yes, I will be traveling with an extra bag…just to be sure my jams make it back to Colorado safe and sound. And I am being serious. Some travel with extra bags, in case they buy too many clothes, but for me? It’s Jams!
Anyway, all this jam talk leads me right into this jammy strawberry galette. It’s without a doubt one of my better recipes.
Every bite is buttery, jammy, berry filled, sweet, and so dang perfect. Honestly, that’s all you really need to know…
But I’ll give you the details because that’s what I do. Plus there’s some other delicious things about this recipe that might be nice to know!
For starters, the pastry dough is not just any old pastry dough. I added finely ground pistachios to my dough for a little extra flavor and nuttiness. I always enjoying pairing salty pistachios with sweet strawberries. It’s one of those perfect pairings. And if you’ve yet to try it, I’m really excited for you to do so!
Up next, the filling…that delicious jam and those sweet berries. It’s pretty simple. Find yourself a really good strawberry or raspberry jam, OR make your own. If using store-bought, make sure the ingredients list is super short. There should really just be berries, sugar, and citrus. If you want to make your own, this recipe is so fast and easy. Just swap the blackberries for strawberries or raspberries.
Now that you have your jam, spread a generous amount over your dough, add all the strawberries, and bake your galette. I only sweeten my berries with a touch of honey because I think that’s all they need.
Simple. But GOOD.
As soon as the galette comes out of the oven, the juices from the berries will bubble up over the edges. Things will be messy, but that’s exactly what you want. The beauty of a galette is that it is free form, and not meant to be perfect, so the messier the better in my opinion.
Once the galette is out of the oven, I like to toss on some fresh lemon thyme. Once the thyme hits the warm berries you’re immediately hit with the delicious smell of thyme. It’s so subtle, but so delicious when mixed with the berries. Of course, you don’t have to add the thyme, but I find it particularly good.
Then finish with vanilla ice cream, which is indeed a must, and that’s it!
The picture perfect (or as perfect as it can get) strawberry galette, that’s great for these spring weekends. Already looking forward to making this one again soon.
Fingers crossed you all bake this up this weekend. It’s going to be extra delicious and jammy…so jammy. ENJOY!
If you make this Jammy Strawberry Galette, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Watch the How To Video:
Jamy Strawberry Galette.
Made with a flaky pistachio studded pastry dough, fresh berries, sweet jam, honey, and a touch of vanilla. This galette is beyond delicious, super simple, and extra pretty.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup roasted shelled pistachios, finely ground (or additional flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) cold salted butter, grated on a box grater just like cheese
1. Place the all-purpose flour, pistachios, and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and then use your fingers to break the butter into the flour until the mixture is the size of small peas. Add 3 tablespoons cold water and mix with a spatula, drizzling in more water as needed (no more than 1 tablespoon at a time), until the dough just comes together (a few dry spots are ok). Gently knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until no dry spots remain, about 1 minute. At this point you can cover the dough and place it in the fridge while you prepare the filling, or for up to one week.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, honey, cornstarch, thyme (if using), and vanilla.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a rectangle or circle about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the dough with jam, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Arrange the fruit over the dough in an even layer. Pour any remaining juices left in the bowl over the fruit. Fold the edges up and over the berries. Brush the edges of the dough with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Place the galette in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to chill. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. It's OK if the edges get dark.
6. Let cool slightly and serve topped with fresh thyme, if desired, and ice cream. Enjoy!
Our Favorite Recipes
Frozen Brunch Punch.