This simple Sheet Pan Honey Buffalo Chicken with Broccoli is about to become your new go-to meal. Easy homemade, crispy chicken, tossed in a spicy-sweet honey buffalo sauce. Serve with broccoli cooked up right alongside the chicken and your favorite creamy ranch dressing. The easiest sheet pan dinner. Add a side of rice or homemade french fries and you’ve got all you need! This fun restaurant-style dinner is great any night of the week!
Oh my goodness, this meal is my favorite. Seriously, my favorite. There’s something I just love so much about oven-baked chicken served with rice. It’s so comforting to me. And even though it’s a more basic dinner, oven-baked chicken will always make me happy.
But you all? Add some buffalo sauce and a side of blue cheese dressing and I am sold. I think buffalo sauce is one of my all-time favorite sauces, my dad’s especially. But we all love a good buffalo chicken dinner.
Fun fact? I would make buffalo, baked up in the oven, long before I even began HBH. It’s a tried and true family staple that we all love.
When I decided I was making this, I didn’t really realize what I was making. I had just written out the recipe as a sheet pan chicken with broccoli in a spicy sauce.
It wasn’t until I was actually making the sauce that I was basically making my buffalo sauce, just with the addition of honey. So even better, right?
It turned out so, so, so yummy. Now the whole family loves this very simple sheet pan dinner!
You want to start with the chicken. Cubed raw chicken, breasts or thighs, or use a mix of the two as I do. Toss the cubed chicken with a mix of seasonings: smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add flour, then toss again.
The flour allows the chicken to get crispy in the oven. It’s a small amount, so a very light coating, but just perfect. Not a fully bready chicken, but breaded just enough so that the sauce can really stick nicely to the chicken.
Bake the chicken up with a side of broccoli. It takes maybe 20 minutes to cook.
Now the sauce. Hot sauce, Franks is my favorite. Add some salty butter and then a couple of teaspoons of seasoned salt and a pinch of black pepper. Melt this all together on the stove until just combined, Then, turn the heat off and mix in the honey.
The honey makes this buffalo sauce so special. The lightest bit of sweetness. Pour the sauce over the baked, crispy chicken and cook the chicken in the sauce. What happens is that the coating soaks up all the sauce – wow, so delish.
These are so yummy with home-baked french fries and ranch or blue cheese dressing!
Perfect dinner for everyone in the family!
Looking for other busy weeknight-night recipes? Try these!
Lastly, if you make this Sheet Pan Honey Buffalo Chicken with Broccoli, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Sheet Pan Honey Buffalo Chicken with Broccoli
Calories Per Serving: 441 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1-2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- blue cheese or ranch dressing, for serving
- sliced green onions, or serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or rub with oil.2. On the sheet pan, toss together the chicken, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the flour and toss again. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, tossing to coat. Arrange the chicken to one side of the baking sheet. Add the broccoli to the other side. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. 3. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt together the hot sauce, butter, seasoned salt, and cayenne. Stir until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and mix in the honey. 4. Remove the broccoli from the sheet pan. Then pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken, toss the chicken up in the sauce. Bake another 5 minutes, until the buffalo sauce is baked onto the chicken. 5. Serve the chicken, broccoli, and buffalo sauce with green onions and blue cheese or ranch dressing. I love this over rice, but it's also great with french fries too!