Sheet Pan Hawaiian Pepperoni Pizza. Fresh pizza dough topped with homemade sriracha chili butter sauce, pickled jalapeños, pineapple chunks, 3 kinds of cheese, and lots of spicy pepperonis. The secret to this pizza is all in the crispy cheesy edges – delicious. As soon as the pizza comes out of the oven top it with golden garlic jalapeño butter and fresh basil. Then slice, eat, and enjoy. Trust me, every last bite of this pizza is roll-your-eyes-back-yummy and will leave you wanting more.
Look, I know it’s different, a little out there, maybe even somewhat wild. But please, please, do not cross this off without giving it a try. This is one of my favorite pizzas to date!
I’ll never love anything more than a classic cheese and pepperoni pizza, but at the moment, this is taking a close second.
It’s just one of those unexpected flavor combinations that work so well!
We’re all pretty familiar with the Hawaiian pizza. Traditionally they have pineapple chunks and deli-style ham. If you love it, you LOVE it. If you hate it, you really HATE it. some people have some pretty strong words against pineapple on pizza.
Obviously, that’s not me, I’m here for the pineapple on pizza. Ham on the other hand, not my thing, so you will not see that on any of my pizzas. Pepperoni however is my favorite, so we’re bringing that into play today.
I love the sweet flavors of the pineapple paired with the savory, salty cheese, then spicy pepperoni. It’s out there and not your everyday flavor. Just be open and give this a try!
Step 1 – start with the pizza dough
Homemade or store-bought dough work just the same. If using store-bought I’ve found success with Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. Just make sure the dough is at room temperature before you get started.
Put the dough on an oiled sheet pan, then cover and let it rest while you prep the remaining ingredients.
Step 2 – make the sauce and prep the toppings
For the sauce, I mix melted butter with sriracha, tamari, and garlic. Simple, but adds a nice spice!
Then I chop up the pineapple and gather all the remaining ingredients: pickled jalapeños, pepperoncini, cheese, pepperoni, and fresh herbs. For the herbs, I love using basil, cilantro, and green onions.
Step 3 – assemble the pizza and bake
Grab the dough that’s been resting and push it out to the edge of the pan. Spread on the sriracha sauce. Now layer with pickled jalapeños, pepperoncini, fresh pineapple chunks, all 3 kinds of cheese, and finish with slices of pepperoni.
Bake the pizza in the bottom half of the oven until the cheese is bubbling and becomes crispy around the edges.
As soon as the pizza comes out of the oven, use a spatula to lift it out onto a cutting board. Slice, top with chilies and basil, and eat. This one is meant to be eaten hot, so enjoy every last bite!
Family and friends will LOVE this pizza. The crispy cheesy crust, spicy sauce, sweet chunks of pineapple, pepperoni, and melty-cheesy middle get them every time!
Looking for other pizzas? Here are a few of my go-to’s.
Lastly, if you make this Sheet Pan Hawaiian Pepperoni Pizza, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Sheet Pan Hawaiian Pizza
Calories Per Serving: 512 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- extra virgin olive oil, for greasing
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon tamari/soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons sliced pepperoncini
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 cups brick cheese or whole milk mozzarella, cubed
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- green onion, cilantro, and basil, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Position an oven rack in the bottom half of the oven. Preheat the oven to 500° F.2. Place the pizza dough on a lightly oiled quarter sheet pan (9×13). Gently press the dough until it covers most of the sheet pan. Cover and let sit while you prep the pizza.3. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon melted butter, the sriracha, tamari, and 2 cloves of garlic. 4. To assemble. Spoon over the sauce. Add the pickled jalapeños, pepperoncini, and pineapple. Top with cheese, then pepperoni. Bake until bubbly and a crispy cheese crust has formed, 10 to 15 minutes. Using a spatula, loosen the edges and slide onto a cutting board. 5. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 cloves chopped garlic. Let the garlic turn golden and crisp, then add the sliced jalapeños and remove from the heat. Spoon the butter over the pizza. 6. Slice the pizza into squares and serve with fresh herbs and ranch, if desired.