A zesty grilled shrimp salad, with bread and sweet peaches topped with an avocado vinaigrette. The best bright, colorful, and fresh summer salad, full of grilled shrimp, corn, peaches, and tomatoes and finished with a creamy avocado vinaigrette. All made in under 30 minutes, and all done on the grill. This is quickly going to become your new summer staple salad recipe.
Sometimes I’ll stare at the photos of each days recipe for quite a while, contemplating the best way to share my excitement over each recipe. I will not lie, it can be really hard. I don’t want to sound like I’m saying the same thing every single day, but the bottom line is that I truly love each recipe I share with you all. Sure sometimes I’m more excited about one recipe over another, but if I don’t one hundred percent love something, you guys will never see it.
This salad however, is a recipe that I’m extra excited about it. I’m sure you’ve all noticed, but I’m really into using the best of summer’s ingredients right now. I know it’s still early in the season, but with our warm weather in Colorado I just could not wait to get a jump-start on summer.
Enter in today’s salad. It’s truly summer on a plate (or bowl, depending on how you serve it up) and I could not love it more.
Here are the details.
The shrimp is spicy, a little smoky, and extra zesty. I tossed it with chipotle chili powder for some heat (use more or less depending on your preferences), smoky paprika, and lots of fresh lemon and lime zest. I then grilled it up to give the shrimp some nice char marks and another layer of flavor.
While the shrimp is grilling, I also like to grill up some ciabatta bread and corn to use in the salad. The grilled ciabatta is one of my favorite elements of this salad. Not only does it add the carbs (my favorite), but it also adds a nice crunch and soaks up the avocado vinaigrette, making the bread even more flavorful.
To complete the salad, I added lots of fresh greens, sweet peaches, and cherry tomatoes.
You see…summer on a plate!
For the avocado vinaigrette, I wanted it to be creamy with a hint of spice and lime, so I used a perfectly ripe avocado, some cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice.
I really can’t tell you enough just how good this vinaigrette is. I always have a good amount left over and I love using it over grilled meats such as chicken and steak, or serving it up more appetizer style with toasted bread fo dipping.
So good. So pretty. And easy!
The 4th of July is in just over a week, and while I know burgers and hot dogs are traditional, I’m really feeling this salad as the perfect dish to serve alongside your burgers. Whenever I host a summer BBQ I always find it nice to have a mix of the classic dishes along with some new dishes for guests to try as well.
Keeps things fun…and delicious.
Also, if you wanted to pack this up as a desk lunch, I recommend tossing everything but the greens together in your salad jars or bowls and then adding the greens before you eat to make sure they do not get all soggy on you.
If you make this zesty grilled shrimp salad, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. Oh, and of course, if you do make this easy, summer salad, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Zesty Grilled Shrimp, Bread and Sweet Peach Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette
Servings: 6 servings
Calories Per Serving: 605 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon honey
- zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 thick slices ciabatta bread
- 6 cups mixed greens spinach or arugula
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 2 ears, grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved if large
View Recipe Comments
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, paprika, honey, lemon zest, lime zest, and a pinch each of salt and pepper 2. Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to high. Thread the 4-5 shrimp on skewers and grill each skewer for 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp is cooked through.3. Meanwhile, rub the ciabatta bread with olive oil and grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until toasted and lightly charred on the outside. 4. To assemble, arrange the salad greens in a large bowl and top with peaches, corn, and tomatoes. Slide the shrimp off the skewers and add to the salad. Tear the ciabatta bread over the salad. Serve the vinaigrette drizzled over top (recipe follows). Enjoy!
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a blender, add 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth, adding more water if needed to thin the vinaigrette.