Gingered Peach Bourbon Thyme Smash.
Gingered. Peach. Bourbon. Thyme. Smash.
I mean, I mean?! Come on, how good does that sound? It feels so southern, right? Loving it!
Speaking of feeling southern, guys, I’m in a southern kind of mood. I think it’s the time of year, I am loving all of these beautiful peaches, tomatoes, and corn that seem to be surrounding me. These special fruits and veggies in particular always make me think of southern delicacies (hello to this sandwich, this salad, and these shortcakes)…I’m certainly not complaining though!
OKAY! First, happy Saturday to everyone. Glad to be back today for another fun cocktail Saturday post. I’ve had this drink in my back pocket for quite a while now, so I’m pretty excited to be sharing it with you guys today. This feels like late summer in a cocktail glass. The peaches are the perfect ripeness during these mid August days and I’m trying my hardest to incorporate peaches into pretty much everything…ok I don’t really need to try very hard, using peaches in everything is a pretty easy task for me.
Anyway, this fun peachy bourbon drink is my new obsession. I’ve been making them weekly on Friday nights for friends and family and everyone loves them. Like LOVES them.
These drinks are slightly sweet, hinted just lightly with thyme, and kicked up with a little ginger and fizz action from my favorite drink topper, ginger beer.
The best part? These drinks could not be easier or quicker to make…it’s maybe even a little scary how fast they can be made…
–> muddle fresh peaches with some thyme, honey, and lemon juice.
–> add a splash…(or two) of bourbon.
–> fill your glass with ice and then add that muddled peachy goodness.
–> top with ginger beer.
You see? dangerous!
Hope you’re all having a great Saturday! See you back here tomorrow for a Nine Favorite Things post.
Gingered Peach Bourbon Thyme Smash
- 1/2 cup fresh ripe peach slices
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- juice from half a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, more or less to taste
- 2 ounces bourbon, more or less to taste
- ginger beer, for topping
1. Heat a grill or grill pan to high and grill the peach slices for 2-3 minutes per side.
2. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, add the peach slices, thyme, lemon juice and honey, using a muddler, muddle all of the ingredients together, squishing everything to release the juices. Add the bourbon and shake to combine.
3. Add ice to a glass and pour the drink over the ice (strain if desired). Top the glass with a little more ice and then pour the ginger beer over, gently stirring to combine. Garnish with peaches and thyme. DRINK! 🙂
Peach bourbon smashes for all!