Ginger Sesame Chicken Potstickers with Sweet Chili Pomegranate Sauce.
Better than takeout Ginger Sesame Chicken Potstickers with Sweet Chili Pomegranate Sauce. Easy homemade potstickers with chicken, ginger and sesame crusted wrappers, served alongside a sweet and spicy chili pomegranate sauce. These are a fun and healthy dinner to make any night of the week, or serve them up as an appetizer at your next holiday party!
It’s true what they say, homemade is always better, and that’s definitely the case with these potstickers. I don’t know what it is about this time of year, but for whatever reason the cold weather always inspires me to stay cozied up inside and make homemade Asian inspired recipes. Well…along with a few cookies and hot chocolate as well.
Our weekend presented us with single digit temperatures, plenty of snow on Friday and Saturday. And then bright, but cold sunshine on Sunday. Winter sure has arrived here, and I’m not sad about it at all. Absolutely loving the white snow and festive vibes. All the cold just makes it that much easier to stay inside and cook all day long. Which is good, since I’m currently in go mode to get ahead before all the holiday craziness really starts to set in.
It might be cheesy, but nothing is better than cooking and baking up a storm on a snow filled day. I mean, right?
I made these potstickers just the other week, as a last-minute recipe that turned out extra delicious. It’s funny, the recipes that I make spur of the moment tend to be some of my favorites.
I was feeling like we needed a switch up in flavors. Plus I haven’t shared anything Asian inspired in a while…enter these potstickers.
They’re possibly one of my personal favorite recipes of the last few months. Everything about them is so delicious. They’re both easy and fun to make, and the sweet chili sauce makes them semi addicting.
For the filling, I wanted to keep things healthy, so I used a mix of lean ground chicken, shredded kale, lots of fresh ginger, and a little toasted sesame seed oil. It’s very simple, but very delicious. Stuff the mix inside store-bought wonton wrappers and then crust each potsticker in sesame seeds.
The sesame crust on the outside is key here. I decided to do this at the very last-minute and it was a real game changer. As the potstickers cook, the sesame seeds become golden and toasted. They provide amazing flavor and add a nice crunch with each bite.
For the sauce, I used one of my go-to secret ingredients to make a quick dipping sauce, sweet Thai Chili sauce. If you’ve never used sweet Thai chili sauce, please go out and buy some now. I use it whenever I want to add a sweet and spicy flavor to a dish, Asian or not. It’s beyond good and perfect to use as a dipping sauce.
I added a little pomegranate juice for flavor. A splash of soy sauce for a little saltiness. And a few pomegranate arils for an extra burst of flavor and added texture. There’s just 4 ingredients, but this is so good, and perfect when paired with the gingery potstickers.
These are sweet, spicy, a little crunchy, and all things delicious…and kind of addicting. There’s really nothing not to love.
If you’re looking for something fresh and healthy…ish for dinner this week, make these potstickers.
These will be the highlight of week. My idea? Invite your best friends over for a potsticker dinner. Then have everyone help assemble and cook the potstickers while enjoying your favorite drink and listening to Christmas music on repeat. This time of year is all about being with the people you love most. So let’s make potstickers while we celebrate the season.
Trust me, this is a good idea, and these potstickers will become the latest addition to your monthly menu rotation. Bonus? You can freeze the uncooked potstickers. Then you’ll have them on hand anytime you’re craving a good Asian meal for a super fast and easy dinner.
If you make these potstickers be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Ginger Sesame Chicken Potstickers with Sweet Chili Pomegranate Sauce
Easy homemade potstickers with chicken, ginger and sesame crusted wrappers, served alongside a sweet and spicy chili pomegranate sauce. A fun and healthy dinner to make any night of the week, or serve them up as an appetizer at your next holiday party!
Sticky Pomegranate Sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1. In a medium bowl, combine the raw ground chicken, kale, carrots, ginger, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and a pinch of black pepper, to taste.
2. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. Brush water around the edge of the wrapper. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half moon shape, pinching the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
3. Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Brush the bottoms of the potstickers with water and then dredge them in the sesame seeds.
4. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the potstickers and cook until the bottoms are light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully pour 1/4 cup of water into the skillet, it will splatter, so stand back. Immediately cover with a tight-fitting lid. Turn heat to medium-low and let the dumplings steam for 5-6 minutes, until the filling is cooked through inside. Serve right away with sauce (see below).
5. To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve alongside the potstickers.
Our Favorite Recipes
Cinnamon Spiced Dutch Baby with Cranberry Butter.