Giant Strawberries n’ Cream Pop Tart.
Pulling out the inner kid in us all with this Giant Strawberries n’ Cream Pop Tart. Homemade strawberry jam and cream cheese swirled together and baked inside a flaky, buttery pie dough. This giant tart is bursting with freshness, has a touch of creaminess, is perfectly sweet, and ever so flaky. Drizzle the warm giant pop tart with a sweet lemony glaze to really finish it off. Every bite is roll your eyes back delicious.
This recipe feels very fitting for today. I know it’s a bit springy, but after that past few days spent in LA I’m in full-on springtime mode. A full day of down pouring rain (like hard-core rain) on Wednesday, was followed by a beautiful sunny day, and another one is forecasted for today. The rain wasn’t all that much fun, but I soaked up the sun yesterday and had an amazing photoshoot in Malibu with this beautiful girl. I can’t wait to tell you all more about it…soon! Today I’m filming a couple of videos and then it’s off to the airport to head home. Crossing my fingers for easy travel!
I debated about coming on this trip, but in the end, I am so glad I did. It’s been busy and incredibly nice to, one, get out of the kitchen, and two, get away from snowy Colorado for a quick minute. Looking forward to heading home tonight though. More on my trip in Sunday’s favorites post.
Right now, I have a giant and delicious pop tart to tell you all about.
As you’ve probably guessed, I’m currently all about brunch/breakfast recipes. Sometimes I just go through phases of wanting to cook/bake the same types of foods. When this happens, I simply try to embrace it, and then spread the recipes out over time.
So lots of brunching, Perfect for a Friday!
Now, the details. I love pop tarts. Something about them is so fun. They always brings me back to being a kid and having not a care in the world. I was really craving a sweet pastry, but not so much all the work. SO I thought, why not just make one giant pop tart. And why not add a little cream cheese into the mix too?
It just sounded too good to pass up.
The strawberry jam is my favorite. It’s a mix of fresh berries, maple syrup, vanilla, and a touch of cinnamon for warmth. Simple ingredients, but delicious. Especially when swirled with cream cheese.
Match made in heaven. Delicious.
For the dough. I love using a mix of whole wheat and all-purpose flours to give the dough a hearty taste and texture. It’s perfect when baked up with the fresh berry jam, and the rich cream cheese.
Since I don’t love anything overly sweet, I decided to keep the glaze on the simple side. I just used a little powdered sugar, lemon, and vanilla, and then lightly drizzled it over the fresh-baked tart. Once you’ve drizzled on the glaze, just cut the tart into smaller rectangles and serve them up. This is great for brunch, but equally great as an afternoon snack or dessert.
And above all else? It’s really just so good. Buttery, sweet, berry filled, creamy, and fun. Like I said, this giant tart takes me back to being a kid. When things are a little hectic, there’s nothing I love more than being a kid again. Even if it’s just for five minutes. It all counts!
If you make this giant pop tart, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Giant Strawberry n' Cream Pop Tart.
Homemade strawberry jam and cream cheese swirled together and baked inside a flaky, buttery pie dough. Drizzle the warm giant pop tart with a sweet lemony glaze to really finish it off. Every bite is roll your eyes back delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (or use a total of 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks (1 cup) cold salted butter
1. To make the berry jam. In a medium pot, bring the strawberries, raspberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice to a boil. Boil 8-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and becomes jam-like. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Let Cool.
2. To make the dough. In a food processor, combine the flours and butter. Pulse until the mix clumps together to form pea size balls. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide the dough in half. Roll each half out into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle, about 8x16 inches. Transfer 1 rectangle to the prepared baking sheet and spread the cream cheese over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge of the dough. Layer the berry jam over the cream cheese. Lay the other half of the dough over the filling and seal the edges by crimping with the back of a fork. Cover the baking sheet and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the pop tart with the beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the powder sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and 2 tablespoons water, adding extra water to thin the glaze as desired. Drizzle the glaze over the pop tart. Cut the tart into 9 rectangles. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Our Favorite Recipes
Vibrant Spring Broccoli Buddha Bowl.