I am so serious right now.
And on a Monday too.
Here is the thing, I have had these burgers just sitting on my computer for way too long. Like getting close to a month, but I wanted to wait and post them a little closer to the fourth of July cause well, I mean come on. Nothing is more American than a burger. Especially a burger with a pile of crispy oven fries sitting on top, a slice of melty cheese and sweet bourbon sauce that is honestly one of the sweetest things you have ever tasted.
Plus, technically I am on vacay. After close the twenty-four hours of travelling we made it to Isle of Palms in South Carolina.
Which by the way, I am definitely not used to this heat or this humidity. I mean sure, I grew up living on the lake in Cleveland, so I know what hot humid summers are like. But I have not spent nearly any time in heat like this since then. Which means it has been basically six years since I have truly felt heat like this.
Colorado and Oregon are not hot like this, sure it gets hot, but there is no humidity what so ever.
Believe it ir not I am absolutely loving it. The heat is my best friend, at least for the next five days. I might be over it after that, check back on Sunday when I will be in the total opposite climate and probably freezing my butt off.
Alright now let’s talk burgers.
Probably one of Americas most beloved foods. Meat eaters, chicken eaters, vegetarian eaters, vegans eaters, we are all burger eaters. This is one is beef, but it can definitely be made into chicken or even a mushroom burger. Really all you need is the idea…
Fries and Sweet Bourbon Sauce.
Please do not tell me you have never had fries on your burger?
I promise, it’s not weird. Okay, not that weird.
Cleveland may not be known for a lot of awesome things, but Cleveland knows how to do food. They have restaurants, food trucks and the most amazing Westside Market that I would KILL to shop at today.
In my opinion they having a booming food scene and I can’t believe I never knew about it until I moved away. Kind of a bummer, but at least I get to try and make my own twist of some of the dishes my parents tell me about.
I have no idea where this burger came from. I’m not sure where the idea came from, but for some odd reason I feel like it would be a Cleveland burger. I do think my mom has ordered a burger with fries on top before and brought the leftover home, so I am thinking that is where my idea sprouted from.
Whatever, it’s a serious burger and it is dang good. It is the kind of burger that would fit in the savory category of Bridget’s of Bake at 350 Dessert For Dudes Month. This is a total guy burger, but obviously all girls love them too.
Trust me, fries on a burger, covered in smoky cheddar cheese makes for the most amazing burger. And really there is no better combo than burgers and fries. So I figure why not just throw them on top with lots of cheese, the texture is freakishly awesome.
Bust then there is the Sweet Bourbon Sauce? The sauce is totally going to sell you on this burger.
It’s sweet, with a hint of bourbon, a little smoky flavor and a kick of spice. Plus, bourbon and burgers just go together. Like burgers and fries. Really though?
The whole burger, fries, cheese and sweet bourbon sauce is all just amazing. It all needs to happen on one burger.
Truly one of my favorite burgers.
Okay I can not say favorite only because I can not decide between this burger, a peanut butter burger, a buffalo salmon slider and a Roasted Garlic Chipotle Cheddar Sweet Potato Burgers with Avocado Ranch.
Cheesy French Fry Bourbon Burgers
Servings: 4 Burgers
Calories Per Serving: 1285 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh ground beef
- 4 slices smoked cheddar cheese
- 4 of [your favorite whole wheat hamburger buns toasted | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/everything-bagel-slider-buns/]
Oven Baked French Fries
Sweet Bourbon Sauce
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup cold water divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons of [your favorite BBQ Sauce |https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/homemade-barbecue-sauce-just-like-sweet-baby-rays/]
- 1 1/2 teasspoons tabasco
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
View Recipe Comments
- Make the Fries: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, seasoned salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands or two spatulas to evenly coat. Spread on a baking sheet in one layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, then flip and roast for 25-30 minutes more. This may take longer depending on how thick you cut your potatoes. You want the potatoes to be deeply golden and crispy on the outside!
- While the fries cook make the sauce. In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water until smooth. Add the cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. In a medium sauce pan over low heat, combine the bourbon, 3/4 cup water, soy sauce, honey, [BBQ Sauce | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/homemade-barbecue-sauce-just-like-sweet-baby-rays/] Tabasco, brown sugar, dijon and garlic. Bring up the heat to a simmer and slowly add the corn starch mixture, whisking vigorously as you go. When the mixture is well combined, cook about 1 more minute. Turn off the heat and set aside until ready to use. The sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Preheat a grill or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Make the burgers: Form the meat into 4 patties. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or longer if you prefer. Add a handful of the fries on top of the burger and place a slice of cheese right on top of the fries. Let the cheese melt and then serve the burgers on toasted buns and drizzle with a generous amount of the sweet bourbon sauce.
Ugh. Decisions I HATE them. Please don’t ask me to make them, because I just can’t.