So this salad is one of the easiest things I have shown you guys in a while.
I actually feel a little guilty for posting such a simple recipe. I feel like I should be able to show you guys something a little more exciting than a summer chopped salad, but the bottom line is this is, this is a really awesome salad.
Not to mention that I have hit the summer creativity road block.
And even though I am loving these foods, I hate it when I can’t actually think of something new to do with them. Sure I have ideas, but in my head none of them actually seem good enough to show you guys. Recipes have to be great to make it up here or I just will not be happy with myself.
See, I was going strong with almost too many new ideas (yeah, your right, not possible to have too may ideas). Things were moving along at a nice steady pace. Obviously, I should have known that a road block was bound to be up ahead. That’s just the way things go. As my mom always tries to tell me, not everyday can be an awesome one.
Of course, I certainly wish they could all be awesome. Awesome, beautiful and delicious, because the not-so-great days just irritate me.
Anyway, this is one of my favorite salads to make during the summer. A lot of times I will bulk it up with some quinoa and hard-boiled or fried eggs, but today I wanted to show you the simplest version.
It’s perfect for any potluck, summer cookout or just as a light, easy meal.
I also love stuffing the salad into hard tacos shells. It makes for a pretty awesome veggie taco. And let’s be honest, everything is better in taco form. Right?
You can make this salad to go with almost anything, Adjust the flavors and veggies/fruits to your liking. It literally comes together in 10 minutes!!! YES!
I like to grill my corn, but if you don’t feel like making the extra effort it’s not a huge deal. You can just use fresh raw corn. Other than that there is absolutely no cooking involved. Just some chopping and tossing.
I actually love this salad once it’s gotten a chance to sit in the fridge for a while so that the dressing can really sink into everything. The lettuce doesn’t stay crisp, but I don’t know, it’s still so good. Sometimes I will toss everything together minus the lettuce, place the salad in the fridge with some of the dressing on and then stir the lettuce in just before eating. Now that I’ve thought about it, that’s definitely the best option!
Last thing, don’t skimp on the goat cheese.
It adds so much flavor, it’s just too good to skimp on!
Easy Summer Herb and Chickpea Chopped Salad with Goat Cheese.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 352 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 4-8 cup butter lettuce chopped (I use 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil + parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 2 ears [grilled corn | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/exactly-how-i-grill-my-corn-chipotle-lime-and-cotija-cheese-butter/] kernels removed from the cob
- 1 1/2 cups tom-tom tomates halved
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries or blueberries
- 1 peach finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded + chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas also called garbanzo beans (or one 14 oz can rinsed + drained)
- 1/2 cup mixed toasted pumpkin seeds pecans, walnuts, and pistachios, pepitas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado pitted + chopped
- 4-6 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- In a large bowl combine the butter lettuce, basil, parsley, thyme, grilled corn, tom-tom tomates, red pepper, blackberries or blueberries, peach, jalapeño and chickpeas.
- In another small bowl or glass jar combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, chipotle chili powder, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Once ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the avocado and goat cheese and gently toss once more. Serve.
View Recipe Comments
*One thing I like to do is toss everything but the lettuce together (dressing included) and store in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the flavors mend together. Then just before eating, add the lettuce. *Recipe can easily be doubled and tripled
And since we made salad today, we now have room for dessert…