Let’s send the weekend off right.
With lots and lots of cheesy meaty balls.
Eww, that just sounds wrong.
But that’s what the are, cheesy meaty balls.
Oh, they are so good.
I had big, big visions of these subs when I made them two months ago. Yes, these have just been hanging out on my computer for two months.
I wanted them to be huge. Big, spicy and juicy meatballs stuffed with burrata and then all stuffed into a fresh sourdough baguette and layered with this homemade marinara sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan.
The meatballs turned out awesome.
These cheese amazing.
The sauce finger lickin’ good.
It was good, but just so not what I dreamed up in my head. I burned the heck out of the top of one sandwich. I swear I watch the broiler like a hawk for ten minutes and nothing. It was broiling SO slow, but then I walk away for thirty seconds and BAM all the sudden it’s black.
Honestly, this happens to me all the time.
Not joking, I just burn things. Things like good food and my hands. My mom says I am going to have the ugliest hands when I get older.
Well, thanks mom!
So did you guys know that meatballs are like really easy?
I personally did not, I have never made them before. But man, so easy and so good.
Kind of perfect for a lazy late October Sunday.
Easy Burrata Cheese Stuffed Spicy Meatball Subs
Servings: 4 large subs
Calories Per Serving: 681 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground chicken
- 1 pound spicy sausage or spicy chicken sausage
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- 2/3 cups parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to your taste
- 12 ounces burrata cheese may sub mozzarella or your favorite cheese
- 2-3 cups of [your favorite pasta sauce | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/crockpot-brown-butter-marinara-sauce/] warmed
- 2 in sourdough or French baguettes split half, buttered and toasted, 12”
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- fresh basil for garnish
- Place the burrata cheese in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove and chop about 15 cheese cubes and slice the remaining cheese into slices. Set aside
- In the meantime make the meat mixture. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place beef, egg, garlic, worcestershire, parmesan, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and bread crumbs into a large mixing bowl, stirring until just combined. Take 1/4 cup meat mixture and roll into a ball. Press into center of the ball with your thumb to make room for the cheese. Place cheese in middle, then with hands enclose the cheese with the meat, making sure the cheese is completely covered. Place meatballs onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cooked through. During the last 10 minutes throw the sub rolls into the oven and toast.
- To assemble the subs, Spoon a small amount [pasta sauce | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/crockpot-brown-butter-marinara-sauce/] into each split baguette. Fill each with meatballs and top with more sauce. Finish with slices of provolone and broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted and is bubbling. Top with more marinara if desired, fresh basil, cracked black pepper and freshly grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.
A lazy happy, cheese filled Sunday!