Can I just say, thank God it is Tuesday.
Because Monday was just not fun.
And that is putting it nicely.
If you read a lot of blogs, you may think that us bloggers (ugh I really hate that word) have it all together. Trust me, I feel the same way reading some of my favorite blogs. Like how in the world do they do it all and still have their nails painted a perfect shade of turquoise blue?
Well, I am most definitely not one of those bloggers and today is the story of how I most definitely do not have it all together.
From the pictures you see everything may look all put together and pretty, but about a centimeter outside my lens it is total chaos.
And yesterday was just one of those days when not one thing wanted to go right. Normally I try not to be such a downer, but since I am on this new kick of getting all personal I feel like I should share the bad with the good. Just like everyone else, I have super bad days too. Today was one of those really hard days where all you want to do it just give up and cry for a good five minutes.
Yep, that was me yesterday… a few times.
To be honest, I really just needed a good cry. Sometimes it is the only thing that will actually make things better. Sounds weird I know, but that’s the way it seems to work with me.
Also, sometimes a girl just needs a hug from her mom. No matter how big or little, or how young or old. On a bad day a mom’s hug can make things a million times better in the matter of seconds.
If you do not believe me, just give it a try on your next “oh my gosh will this day please just end”. You will see, it really helps. If not your mom, then a spouse or loved one. Hugs help!
And so does chocolate mousse.
Especially when it is avocado mousse and full of good things for my brain, that apparently needs good brain food to get out of the crazy person state and back to a normal person state. Errr, who am I kidding. I will always have a crazy person’s brain, just sometimes it is a bit more intense than others.
So yeah, yesterday was terrible and I am the first one to admit that I am nowhere near the perfect blogger. Most of the day our kitchen (and surrounding area) pretty much looks like a five-year old had free rein in it for twenty-four hours and yes, I did totally break my camera yesterday (yes, I did), but today I am just going to forget about yesterday.
And talk about avocado mousse and coconut caramelized bananas.
Because these two things together are really good.
Good for the brain… and for your sanity.
This mousse comes together in minutes. Really just minutes. Everything goes into the food processor and is whipped into creamy, silky perfection. If you have never had avocado mousse (or pudding or whatever you want to call it), do not be afraid, I promise you it is a good thing – and it is good for your hips too.
And the bananas just add to the deliciousness.
Ok, really I only added the bananas because it is freezing pretty much everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere right now and I want something hot and gooey to go with my cold mouse.
It was the best decision I made yesterday… for sure.
The mousse is the silkiest around. Honestly, I still cannot get over how incredible it tasted and how simple and easy it is. It is a tad heavier than regular mousse, but I don’t know, these days I am really loving it more the real stuff. The avocados just make it so smooth and creamy. And I promise, you will barely know they are in there.
Plus, what could not be good with chocolate added to it?
Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Coconut Caramelized Bananas.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 537 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 4 large + very ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate melted and lightly cooled
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder I used Hershey's Special Dark
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk (l used regular but lite works fine too)
View Recipe Comments
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, about 1 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the avocados, melted chocolate, dark cocoa powder, honey and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Take the instant coffee and using your fingers grind it together to make a fine powder. Add the instant coffee powder to the bowl. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the coconut milk and blend again until smooth and creamy. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably 3 to 4. The mousse can be prepared 1 day in advance.
- When ready to serve the mousse melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a skillet. Add 4 sliced bananas and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Add the coconut liqueur and vanilla; simmer 1 minute. Remove from the heat and spoon the warm bananas over the mousse. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve!
Wait, forget I just said that… just give the mousse a try, you’ll be happy you did.