Bringing us all the flavor with this Skillet Creamed Street Corn Chicken. Pan-seared chicken in a creamy, spicy, street corn sauce that’s truly delicious. Made with chicken cutlets, fresh corn, spices, and cream, then served up dip-style with grilled corn, spicy chili butter, and salty crumbled Mexican cotija cheese on top. This dish is totally delicious, especially with rice, avocado, and tortillas on the side for soaking up all that creamy corn sauce. A quintessential summer dinner that everyone will love!
It’s finally that time of year when the sweet yellow corn begins to show up in all of our grocery stores. It’s on the early end for sure, but it’s here to stay for the next few months. And I have just the dinner for us all to make!
Some of you who’ve been readers for a while may remember (and hopefully love) my garlic butter creamed corn chicken. I made the dish a few summers ago and now it’s a staple in my kitchen from June through September. We just love it!
Last year I also made the yummiest street corn dip. We are just as equally in love with this dip!! I thought about how good it could be to combine the flavors, and well, that’s how this skillet dinner came to be!!
This chicken is fun! It’s also the creamiest and just so delicious.
Step 1: sear the chicken
I love to coat the chicken with egg and then dredge it through flour. This will give the chicken a very light breading. The sauce will stick right to it!
Step 2: mix the spices
Take the spices, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne, and mix them all together in a small bowl.
Step 3: cook the chicken
Sear the chicken in a big skillet. Get it nice and crispy, then remove it from the skillet. To that very same skillet, you’ll toss in the fresh corn with some garlic and the reserved spice mix.
Then a bit of cream cheese is stirred in with milk or cream to create the creamiest “creamed corn” sauce.
Step 4: make the chili butter + prep the toppings
While the chicken is cooking, brown the butter on the stove with the remaining spice mix.
Mix up the toppings. Yogurt (or mayo), mixed with fresh lime juice, grilled corn kernels, lots of cilantro, and of course, cotija cheese.
Once the chicken has simmered and the sauce thickened. Serve the chicken and creamed corn sauce with all of the above. Be generous with the toppings, they really add so much freshness and deliciousness!
Rice, tortillas, and avocado for serving are perfect. Use the tortillas to mop up the creamy corn sauce! So yummy! You’re sure to love this one!
Looking for other simple skillet chicken recipes? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make this Skillet Creamed Street Corn Chicken, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram
Skillet Creamed Street Corn Chicken
Calories Per Serving: 610 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 6 chicken breast cutlets
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, to your taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn (3-4 raw)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 ear grilled corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Place the egg and flour in separate shallow bowls. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge both sides of the chicken through the egg, and then through the flour, tossing to coat. Place the chicken on a plate.2. Mix the spices. In a bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and a pinch of salt.3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan. 4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onion to the same skillet. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add the corn, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the spice mix, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the corn is softened, 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Mix in the cream cheese until melted and creamy. Stir in the milk and 1/2 cup water. Slide the chicken into the sauce. Cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. 5. In a separate skillet, melt the butter until golden. Mix in 3 teaspoons of the spice mix, plus a pinch of chili flakes and salt. Cook another minute, then remove from the heat.6. Mix the Greek yogurt/mayo and lime juice with a pinch of salt.7. Remove the skillet from the stove. Serve the chicken and corn topped with grilled corn. Drizzle over the spicy butter and the Greek yogurt/mayo salt. Sprinkle on the crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro.