Umm, yesss… today we are doing tacos!
The Irish way.
And it’s going to be EPIC. I’m talking slow cooked, corned beef, cabbage slaw and beer battered fries. Dare I say these could possibly be up there with one of my favorite Irish inspired recipes yet?!?! I mean, hello BEER BATTERED FRIES?? Is there anything more delicious…or induldgent? Perfect for a slow cooked, cozy Sunday meal, don’t you think? Even more perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, which is THIS Thursday!!
Soooo, thinking it’s time to break out the crockpot this week and make some Irish tacos. YUP, for sure! 🙂
Why are tacos always the bestest thing ever?!? Have I mentioned that I am totally already planning my Cinco de Mayo recipes?? Like I literally cannot wait… tacos for the win!
Keeping it short and sweet today. Hope you all have a fun, relaxing Sunday filled with brunch, relaxation and all the tacos you can eat! Happy Sunday guys!!
I’m sharing all the details about these Corned Beef Tacos with Beer Battered Fries over on the Inspired Home Blog. Head on over to read the full blog post!
Corned Beef Tacos with Beer Battered Fries.
Servings: 8 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 461 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6-8 corn or flour tortillas warmed
- 1 cup shredded sharp Irish cheddar
- Shredded cabbage for serving
- Lime wedges for serving
For the Tacos
- In the bowl of a crockpot, combine all of the ingredients for the corned beef. Add in 1-2 cups of water, or more as needed to cover the brisket by at least 1 inch.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Shred the beef with two forks and lightly toss with the remaining sauce. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, lime juice and cilantro.
- Spread a little of the yogurt into a warmed tortilla. Add the shredded beef, cheddar cheese and cabbage. Serve with fresh cilantro, limes and the beer battered fried (see recipe below.
For the Beer Battered Fries
- Heat oil in a large pot to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Whisk in the beer until a batter forms. If needed, add more beer to thin the batter. The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream. Let the batter sit while you partially cook the fries.
- Working in batches, place the potatoes into the oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or skimmer, remove the potatoes placing them onto a towel-lined plate and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt.
- Next, raise the oil temperature to 350 degrees F. Dip the partially cooked fries, a few at a time, into the batter, allowing any excess batter to drip off back into the bowl. Carefully lower the coated potatoes 1 at a time into the oil. DO NOT overcrowd the pot; only fry about 8-10 fries at a time. Cook until deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain onto fresh paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
For real though, those fries are legit… best thing ever. 🙂
PS. Don’t forget to check out the full post HERE (lots more photos, the recipe and words to read!!). 🙂