Cream Cheese Swirled Cinnamon Pumpkin Butter Bread. Better than you could get at any coffee shop, this bread melts in your mouth. Doughy pumpkin bread made with pumpkin butter, sweetened with maple syrup, swirled with cream cheese, topped with sweet cinnamon sugar, and served warm. Best enjoyed warm, right out of the oven with a generous smear of salted honey butter. Perfect for all of the autumn weekends ahead!
Well, I said it yesterday, but it’s October, so bring on all those pumpkin recipes. And today, we’ve got something sweet!
Before I began cooking and baking, I wasn’t someone who looked forward to pumpkin anything. I grew up in a household where dessert wasn’t dessert if chocolate wasn’t involved. And in a way, I still kind of think like that. But these days I’m able to embrace non-chocolate sweets as well.
Of course, I enjoy them as more of a “snack”. Either way, I can now say that I really do look forward to things like pumpkin bread in the fall.
What makes this pumpkin bread so special?
I’ve made pumpkin bread in the past. The first time was more of a banana pumpkin bread. Then last year I did a sweet chocolate chip pumpkin bread. This year, however, it was my goal to create a pumpkin bread recipe that was more of a classic. One that I’d make again and again all season long.
Of course, I wanted this bread to be a little more special than all the others out there. So I used spiced pumpkin butter, not just pumpkin purèe. This IS KEY. Pumpkin butter is more reduced down than pumpkin purèe and contains less moisture.
You can use my homemade pumpkin butter. Or pick some up at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Amazon, or your local market…though I am partial to mine. Just make sure your pumpkin butter is spiced for best flavor.
Now, let’s bake some pumpkin butter bread
This is all made in one bowl. You’ll mix the wet ingredients with the dry and that’s it. I used maple syrup as the sweetener. Mostly because I LOVE the warming flavor it adds to baked goods this time of year. The coconut oil keeps the bread doughy, and a touch of pumpkin pie spice adds in all the cozy flavors.
Divide the batter between two bread pans, swirl in the cream cheese, then finish each loaf with a light sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. If you don’t love cream cheese, you can omit it, but I think it works well with the fall flavors.
As the bread bakes, oh my gosh, your kitchen will smell incredible. Better than a fall and Thanksgiving candle combined.
While the bread bakes, makes the honey butter
Since I love to enjoy this bread warm, I needed a sweet butter to melt over each piece of fresh pumpkin bread.
A salty honey butter is always so good. It melts deliciously into every nook and cranny of the bread.
Of course, it’s not needed, but it sure makes every warm bite just that more delicious.
So how about some Tuesday evening pumpkin bread on a crisp October night? Promise it’s a good idea.
Looking for other pumpkin recipes? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make this Cream Cheese Swirled Cinnamon Pumpkin Butter Bread, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Cream Cheese Swirled Cinnamon Pumpkin Butter Bread
Servings: 16 2 loaves
Calories Per Serving: 321 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 cup pumpkin butter (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (use 3/4 cup for a sweeter loaf)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, melted
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter 2 (9×5 inch) bread pans.2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin butter, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, mix until just combined. Divide half the batter evenly between the prepared bread pans.3. Spoon teaspoon size amounts of the cream cheese over the batter, using 4 ounces of cream cheese per bread pan. Gently swirl the cream cheese using a sharp paring knife. Sprinkle 2-4 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar over each pan, then evenly spoon the remaining batter over each bread pan, it's OK if all the cream cheese is not covered. Sprinkle 2-4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar over each pan. 4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center is just set.5. Meanwhile, make the honey butter. In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey, and a pinch of salt.6. Remove the bread and let cool, or enjoy warm with extra honey butter.