Guys, I could not think of a better Friday post.
Yes, we are doing churro waffles today, and yes they can double as breakfast, dessert…and apparently in my house, lunch as well.
Watch the how-to video here:
If you could see my face right now you’d see me with a BIG smile, that is for two reasons.
Reason one are these churro waffles, they are too good, like addictingly good. And easy, super easy… so obviously I could not be more excited to share them with.
Reason two would be because of you guys, and all of your incredibly amazing and kind comments from Wednesday’s post. Like WOW. I have not even finished reading through them all yet, but I am just in awe and so grateful to each and every one of you who took the time to comment. I will definitely be using your suggestions.
THANK YOU! Reading through these comments has made the last two days extra special. You guys are the best! To celebrate we are making churro waffles!
BRING IT. ?
So I don’t really know where to begin with these here waffles.
It all started with a conversation with one of my bestest go-to recipe peeps…aka cousin Abby out in San Diego who gives me all the details on all the best Mexican food. She was telling me all about the incredible churros she ate over the weekend and somehow I decided that I need to make churro waffles. I guess since I’ve already made churros, churros waffles were my next step, and umm, I am going to go ahead and say that churro waffles are actually better than churros.
With churro waffles, you can add things like butter and maple syrup, and you guys they’re just SOOOO GOOOD.
You can go crazy and add toppings like ice cream, chocolate sauce and dulce de leche… or just keep it simple with butter, whipped cream and syrup… my personal favorite.
Take a WARM churro waffle, add a generous pat of butter, a spoonful of homemade whipped cream and a light drizzle of pure maple. It’s the best – THE BEST.
I mean, the over the top combos are great too, but I can’t lie, sometimes they can get a little too sweet for me, and I just love letting the cinnamon and butter flavors really shine here. But whatever route you choose, these churro waffles are going to be good.
Obviously. I mean, are you looking at these pictures? Are you hungry now???
I totally am. So let’s make it a Churro Waffles Friday?!?!?
Can we do it for lunch though? Because I am so ready. 🙂
One of the things I love most about these waffles is how easy they are. You just make a buttermilk waffle batter, cook up your waffles in a waffle iron, brush the waffles with butter, coat them in cinnamon sugar and then EAT.
Honestly, they can be made and ready for eating in under thirty minutes. NO JOKE. It’s actually a dangerous recipe to have on hand, because they are THAT simple.
Also, my guess is that most of you already have all of the ingredients to make these waffles on hand right now. Flour, eggs, baking powder, buttermilk, cinnamon, sugar?!?! Yup, I sure do!
PS. if you don’t have buttermilk, use two cups of milk with one tablespoon apple cider vinegar and you’ll have homemade buttermilk!! If you don’t have vinegar, just use milk…it’s not going to be the end of the world, and promise these waffles will still be KILLER.
OKok, are we all in agreeance now? Churro waffles will be happening this weekend, right?!?
Servings: 8 waffles
Calories Per Serving: 521 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted (or unsalted with a pinch of salt)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving
- warm chocolate sauce Dulce de Leche or maple syrup, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, vanilla and brown sugar. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined. It's OK if the batter is a little lumpy. Allow the batter to sit 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle iron's directions. I like to slightly undercook my waffles so they are super soft in the center.
- In a shallow, low bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Brush each warm waffle generously with the 8 tablespoons melted butter and then dip through the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with the remaining waffles.
- Serve your waffles warm topped with butter, whipped cream and drizzled with maple syrup...or your choice of sweet toppings (chocolate sauce, Dulce de Lech, ice cream)! EAT! 🙂
Cool, let’s do it. Happy Friday!! 🙂
PS. Again, thank you to everyone who left comments on Wednesday’s post. I am still just shocked by all your kind words. THANK YOU!
PSS. I am making these waffles over on Snapchat today!! Follow hbharvest to follow along!