Chipotle Chicken Nachos with Jalapeño Yogurt, plus all the toppings. Because loaded nachos are the only way to go. Ground chicken seasoned with a smoky chipotle chili spice mix, blended with sweet potato and black beans, then layered onto chips with just a little cheese. They’re crunchy, spicy (but not too spicy), and cheesy. Top with creamy jalapeño yogurt and your favorite toppings. These tacos come together in minutes and are so delicious.
I know, it’s Healthy January, and over here we’re eating nachos…but balance is everything. And in my honest opinion, these nachos aren’t “un-healthy”. They might not be a salad or green juice, but they’re protein and veggie packed. And they’re made with simple swaps that make them perfectly acceptable for January!
Plus, above all else, they’re just delicious!
I made these a week or so ago. What inspired them I have no idea. Nachos have always been one of those dishes I’ve avoided sharing on the site. Simply because photographing cheesy chips is pretty hard. They might look good coming out of the oven. But put avocado on top and let them sit 5 minutes and they become very tricky to make look delicious.
For whatever reason, something inside me just wanted to make nachos. They sounded fun and delicious, plus I thought we could make them a bit “lighter” for January!!
And they turned out so DELICIOUS. Simple and quick to make, these nachos are a great appetizer or dinner that everyone will love.
Here are the details
I used my favorite taco seasoning mix and some ground chicken. But you could easily use ground turkey or beef, it’s the homemade seasoning that’s key.
I use a mix of chipotle chili powder and regular chili powder with lots of paprika.
To bump up the vegetables, I threw in a sweet potato, which I love together with the spices. At the end, I add some black beans.
For the chips, I love using whole foods organic tortillas with sea salt. They’re made simply with corn flour and salt, no other ingredients. I layer the chips with a bit of a Mexican cheese blend (pepper jack, cheddar, and monterey), then add the meat, and finish with a little more cheese.
You can, of course, use as little or as much cheese as you’d like here!
Then bake! These nachos are in the oven for less than 30 minutes.
The jalapeño yogurt
Most nachos are topped with sour cream, but this jalapeño yogurt is just as delicious, if not more so.
I used fresh jalapeños, plenty of lime, and whole milk greek yogurt to create an extra creamy, tangy, and yummy sauce.
Top the nachos with lots of that yogurt. Then I like to add mashed avocado with lime and sea salt, plenty of cilantro, green onions, and fresh or pickled jalapeños.
The key to nachos is to eat them immediately after baking, so don’t let these sit. As soon as you take them out, top with salsa, eat, and enjoy! These nachos will be fun for the weekend and, of course, the upcoming super bowl too!
Looking for more game day recipes? Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Chipotle Chicken Nachos with Jalapeño Yogurt, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Chipotle Chicken Nachos with Jalapeño Yogurt
Calories Per Serving: 457 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder, use to your taste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- mashed avocado, cilantro, green onions, and limes, for serving
Jalapeño Lime Yogurt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded, if desired, and chopped
- juice of 1-2 limes
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425° F. 2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the chicken, sweet potato, and onion. Cook, breaking up the meat as it cooks until the chicken is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the chipotle chili powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt. Add 3/4 cup water. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly around the chicken, about 10 minutes. Stir in the black beans. 3. Arrange the chips in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the chips and spoon the chicken over top. Add the remaining cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.4. Meanwhile, make the yogurt. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with a pinch of sea salt. 5. Serve the nachos hot out of the oven topped with yogurt, avocado, cilantro, onions, and lime juice.