I think all Thursdays should call for pizza.
Because really, pizza is the best. And it is also kind of perfect for these cold, cold winter days.
In the last twenty-four hours I have made four pizzas. Four whole big pizzas + a batch of pasta, some pita bread and some failed queso fundido. And ok, maybe some chocolate sweets too. Anybody need some food? I have a lot and surprisingly not too many mouths to feed right now.
In all honesty, I have been dying to make a good pizza for weeks, but the ideas were lacking.
Finally the other day I just threw in the towel and started making pizzas galore. Naturally, my brain gravitated to guacamole, but the cajun shrimp just kept calling my name. I am kind of on a cajun kick.
I so badly wanted to call this “Kickin Cajun”, but I already did that and it was only like a few weeks ago.
So I kept the title short and sweet.
So out of character for me, but it’s a pretty simple pizza.
I know guacamole on a pizza may sound a little strange and yeah, it maybe kind of is, but just try it. It’s so good and with all the cheese… and the shrimp! Wholy guacamole it is good!
Sorry. I just had to say that.
Thursdays a good day for pizza dontcha think?
I mean it is practically the weekend. Everyone knows the weekend fun starts Thursday night and pizza just makes that better. It’s a fact.
Also, it is apparent from this post being so all over the place, that my brain is clearly ready for the weekend. And maybe even some more pizza.
Chipotle Cajun Shrimp and Guacamole Pizza.
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 949 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Cajun Shrimp + Pizza toppings
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 in canned chipotle chile adobo + 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper plus more to taste
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 ounces blue cheese or goat cheese crumbled
- chopped green onions + cilantro for garnish
View Recipe Comments
- For the Dough: In a large bowl, combine water, yeast and honey. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add in the 1 cup flour, the salt and olive oil stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and work the additional 1/2 cup flour in to the dough if needed, kneading it on a floured surface for a few minutes. You can also do all the mixing and kneading in your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- When the dough is ready, start assembling the pizzas. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the guacamole, add the avocado halves to a medium size mixing bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the avocados and toss well to coat. Add in a pinch of cajun seasoning if desired. Now grab a fork and lightly mash the avocados. Next fold in the chopped jalapeno, cilantro, green onions, red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle chile + adobo sauce and blue cheese (or goat cheese). Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. In a bowl toss the shrimp with the olive oil, cajun seasoning, creole seasoning, brown sugar, chipotle chile + adobo sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to a skillet in a single layer and sear for 3-4 minutes, flip and sear another 3 minutes. Try not to over cook the shrimp as it will continue to cook in the oven. Remove from the heat.
- Grab the pizza dough and either leave the dough as one large (about 12-inch) pizza or divide it into 3-4 smaller pizzas (I made 3 round pizzas). Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the dough out until you have a flattened disk. Place the pizzas on a greased baking sheet and then use your hands to gently tug, pull and push the pizza dough into your desired shape. Spread the pizzas with a layer of guacamole (do not use all the guacamole, save some for topping) and then spread the cheese over the guacamole add the shrimp and another sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is all melty and gooey. Remove and top with blue cheese (or goat cheese), dollops of the remaining guacamole, green onions and cilantro. Slice and eat!