Grilled Balsamic Chicken Cobb Salad.
Loaded with herbed grilled chicken, sweet balsamic vinaigrette, lots of fresh greens, tomatoes, bacon, hard boiled eggs, avocado and a little cheese, this balsamic grilled chicken cobb salad is nothing short of awesome. Perfect for summer lunches, dinners or packed up and taken on the go.
It has taken me all week to realize this, but I’ve unintentionally shared a lot of salad recipes. First up was this potato salad, then this spicy corn salad, and now today’s fancy balsamic chicken cobb salad. Granted, these salads are all very, very different, but three salads in one week is a lot for me.
Maybe it has something to do with this LA vibe I’m currently soaking in right now? After all, LA is the land of all things salad and green juice. Oddly though, I’ve been eating a lot of pizza and tacos and have had zero salads. Unless you count the chopped salad from Monday night that included three different kinds of Italian meats and two pizzas…
It’s safe to say that once I return home very early tomorrow morning, I will be eating all things green, bright, and colorful. But first, I have one very full day left in LA. My first stop is to the set of Hallmark Home and Family to make these yummy strawberry shortcakes. Then straight from there I’ll be heading over to my book signing at Amber Interiors, where I’ll be making cocktails and signing away (hopefully…please come!). Then from there I’m off to the airport to catch the red-eye home. It’s going to be a very long day, but I am so excited for all that will be happening.
Well, I am not excited about the very late flight out, or the long drive home afterwards, but you got to do what you got to do, you know?
Anyway, moving right along here…
It’s definitely going to be my first homemade recipe of the day tomorrow, and I’m already looking forward to it. Whenever I’m away, I always look so forward to coming home and getting back into the kitchen. As much as I love traveling and eating at new restaurants, there’s really nothing I love more than cooking myself up a dish full of all of my favorites.
It’s the homebody in me really shining through.
I actually made this salad a few weeks back, but have been waiting to share it until the weather had really decided to warm up for most of us. Because this is what I call the perfect, hearty summer salad.
You guys know me, if I’m doing a salad, I am making it big, bright, beautiful, and everything but boring. In fact, my goal is for you guys to never have to make another boring desk salad, because let’s be honest, eating a salad like that really is work.
Enter in this fun and delicious Cobb salad. It’s traditional, but with a good twist, and I kind of love every last detail about it.
The base of the salad is your traditional cobb salad, lots of greens (you can use your favorite!), fresh cherry tomatoes, crispy bacon, hard boiled eggs, and crumbled blue cheese.
It’s the balsamic grilled chicken that really makes this salad shine. Tossed with good amount of balsamic vinegar, a mix of Italian herbs, and fresh lemon, it’s the perfect herby chicken with a hint of sweet bitterness from the balsamic. It takes the average cobb salad up a notch.
I also threw in some avocado, because apparently I can’t make a salad without including avocado. I’d say sorry, but really I’m not. I love me some avocado…
Finished the salad off with a simple balsamic vinaigrette and done.
If you’re looking to save time on prep during the week, you can toss the chicken with the marinade and let it sit in the fridge for a of couple days. OR just grill the chicken on Sunday and refrigerate. Then you’ll have it on hand to throw the salad together in just a matter of minutes.
Also, if you wanted to add some form of carb to this meal (which you know I do), a sprinkling of quinoa, or torn up toasted bread, would both be extra delicious atop this salad. In fact, I’m really not sure why I didn’t do that…
You surely should.
If you make this balsamic grilled chicken cobb salad and love it, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. Oh, and of course, if you do make this salad, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Watch the How To Video:
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Cobb Salad
Keyword: chicken salad, easy recipe, meal prep
Loaded with marinated grilled chicken, sweet balsamic vinaigrette, lots of fresh greens, tomatoes, bacon, hard boiled eggs, avocado and a little cheese, this balsamic grilled chicken cobb salad is nothing short of awesome. Perfect for summer lunches, dinners or packed up and taken on the go.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest and juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 6 cups fresh greens, such as romaine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 6 strips crispy bacon, crumbled
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1. Add the chicken to a bowl and toss with the olive oil, thyme, oregano, dill, paprika, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
2. Preheat your grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet to medium high and brush the grates with oil.
3. Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the grill and let rest 5-10 minutes. Thinly slice the chicken.
4. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, and gorgonzola. Top the salad with avocado, chicken, bacon, and eggs. Serve the salad alongside the balsamic vinaigrette (below).
1. In a glass jar, combine all ingredients and whisk or shake until combined. Taste, and adjust seasonings to your liking. Serve alongside the salad.
Never another boring salad. Never.
Our Favorite Recipes
Antipasto Skewers with Kale Pesto + Video