This Skillet Creamy Chicken and Parmesan Gnocchi is the perfect cold-weather dinner – quick, easy, warming, and delicious! Pan-seared seasoned chicken in a creamy kale and white wine parmesan sauce. Cooked together with mini potato gnocchi for a complete dinner that’s made in just ONE skillet. Truly one of those all-in-one dinners that everyone at the table will love. It’s delicious, especially when served with bread and a side salad. Such a cozy one-pot dinner with rich, comforting flavors.
Some recipes are just a touch more special than others, and I think this is one of those recipes. I knew the minute I had the idea that this recipe had the potential to be a new family favorite, and I was not wrong!
I served this over the weekend, making two large skillets of chicken and gnocchi. My family ate every last piece of chicken and scooped up every drip of creamy wine sauce. We loved this one. I think the sauce is just the yummiest!
Often, you’ll find me sharing skillet chicken and orzo recipes. In fact, one of my most popular recipes is my skillet sun-dried tomato chicken. It’s a recipe I make on repeat, especially when I have my family in town.
I wanted to switch things up a little this past weekend and try something new. I don’t cook with gnocchi often, so I thought I’d use a yummy potato gnocchi in my sauce! This is amazing and comes together quickly. Plus, it’s all made in one skillet!
Here are steps to making this chicken and gnocchi
Step 1: season the chicken
Before you begin cooking, you should season and flour the chicken. Start with fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. Then, mix paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper with a scoop of flour.
Grab your chicken. I recommend using smaller thighs or chicken cutlets. Then toss them in the flour to coat them fully. The flour on the chicken creates a crispy coating, allowing the sauce to really stick to it.
Step 2: cook the bacon and sear the chicken
Find a big skillet; I always use cast iron. Cook the bacon until extra crispy. During the final minute of cooking, add fresh rosemary. Then, pull the bacon out of the pan and set aside.
Now add a sliver of butter and pan-sear the chicken until the crust is golden and the butter browns around the chicken. Take the chicken out of the skillet. Place on the same plate as the bacon.
Step 3: make the wine sauce
Add the remaining butter, shallots, and garlic to the same skillet. Get them cooking. Then, add a dry white wine and your favorite chicken broth. I love to use chicken bone broth for added protein instead of regular broth.
Let the wine simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the cream, kale, and potato gnocchi. I love using a mini potato gnocchi. Cook until the gnocchi float, about 5 minutes. Then, slide the chicken right on in and sprinkle over the parmesan cheese. Then take the skillet and place it in the oven to finish up the cooking.
When the cheese is all melted and the sauce is bubbling up around the chicken, you can pull the skillet out of the oven. Add the rosemary and bacon to the top, then finish with freshly cracked black pepper. It’s going to look so yummy!
I’ve served this a few times now. It’s quickly becoming a dinner I can count on that everyone will enjoy. So far, I’ve only made this with kale, but adding sun-dried tomatoes would be delicious too. Or use broccoli and maybe add some cheddar cheese. YUM!
Looking for other simple dinners? Here are my favorites:
Lastly, if you make this Skillet Creamy Chicken and Parmesan Gnocchi, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Skillet Creamy Chicken and Parmesan Gnocchi
Calories Per Serving: 515 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 slices thick cut bacon,
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine wine
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2-1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven 400° F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the flour, paprika, cayenne, and 1 tablespoon of thyme to a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken through the flour mixture and toss to coat.2. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, add the rosemary. Remove the bacon to a plate. 3. In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon butter, then add the chicken. Sear on both sides until golden, 3-5 minutes per side. Add another tablespoon of butter and allow the butter to brown around the chicken, about 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet to a plate.3. To the same skillet, add 1 more tablespoon of butter, the shallots, garlic, a tablespoon of thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the wine, then the broth. Simmer for 5 minutes, pour in the cream. Add the kale and gnocchi. Cook for 5 minutes, until the gnocchi float. Slide the chicken back into the skillet. Sprinkle over the parmesan. Transfer to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling around the chicken. 4. Serve the chicken, gnocchi, and sauce topped with bacon. YUM.