These Charred Baby Bell Peppers with Burrata are a great easy appetizer for outside summer entertaining. Cute little baby bell peppers thrown on the grill and cooked until charred, then tossed in an herby pistachio honey vinaigrette and served up alongside creamy burrata cheese with crusty grilled ciabatta. This delightful summery appetizer is exactly what your summer parties or dinners in the backyard need. Enjoy the peppers warm or cold, they’re delicious either way you serve them.
It’s the 4th of July week! I feel like so many of us are slowly entering into vacation mode. I know the 4th isn’t until Sunday, but many of us are either traveling, taking time off to chill, or hosting a fun backyard party this week.
As you know, we’re heading to Mexico next week. We’re renting a really great house through VRBO with a nice kitchen. With so many people in our group, it’s essential to have a kitchen on these family trips. The theme for this trip is definitely easy summer entertaining recipes that are perfect for the 4th, but great for every other day this summer too.
Like these peppers! Oh, these peppers that I just love so much. They are so GOOD.
So here’s the story
The classic summer appetizer is Caprese. Tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. Yes, it’s simple and delicious, but it’s been done. And let’s be honest, unless you’re getting PERFECT summer tomatoes, the tomatoes themselves can fall a little flat.
I know, harsh, but come on, it’s true.
Peppers on the other hand? They’re always, always good. They’ve been one of my favorite vegetables since I was a kid when my dad would use them for his pasta dishes. Which was actually the inspiration for this quick recipe.
Now the details – start with the vinaigrette
Hands down this is one of my favorite vinaigrettes. It’s sweet, tangy, and herby with pistachios, thyme, and lemon. It’s also got a slight kick from some chili flakes too. The pistachios add a salty crunch, while the honey keeps things sweet…a nice balance to the spicy.
You’ll want to make the vinaigrette first. That way it’s all ready to go, since the peppers and bread grill up pretty fast.
Onto the peppers
You’ll want to use baby bell peppers for this recipe, they’re just perfect for grilling and enjoying as an appetizer or side dish. Toss them simply with olive oil, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
And for the bread, I love to use ciabatta.
Grill both the peppers and bread up at the same time.
Here is how you serve this up
Once the peppers have been grilled and have a nice char, arrange them on a big serving plate. Then drizzle the vinaigrette over the peppers while they’re still warm. Adding the vinaigrette while the peppers are warm will help the peppers better soak up the deliciousness of the vinaigrette.
Then break the burrata cheese around the peppers, drizzle with some vinaigrette, and let everything sit ten or so minutes to really soak up the flavors from the vinaigrette.
And finally, serve the peppers and burrata with that grilled bread. Enjoy every last bite of this delicious yet simple summery appetizer or side.
Already excited to remake these for the 4th. My family loves peppers…and I love how easy they are to put together.
Oh, and the added plus here? This is such a pretty appetizer too! The perfect centerpiece for any table.
Looking for other summery appetizer recipes? Here are some favorites:
Lastly, if you make these Charred Baby Bell Peppers with Burrata, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Charred Baby Bell Peppers with Burrata
Calories Per Serving: 338 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pinch each kosher salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes
- 1 pound baby bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, at room temperature
View Recipe Comments
- 1. To make the vinaigrette. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, the honey, pistachios, lemon juice, vinegar, basil, chives, thyme, garlic, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and chili flakes in a glass jar and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.2. Preheat the grill or grill pan to high. 3. In a large bowl, toss the peppers with 2 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Place the bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil on both sides of each slice, season with salt. 4. Place the bread on the grill and grill both for about 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly toasted. Remove from the grill. At the same time, grill the peppers until softened and charred, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and arrange on a serving plate. 5. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the peppers, then break the balls of burrata around the peppers. Let everything sit 5-10 minutes. Serve with vinaigrette and grilled bread.