Switching up taco night with these baked Crispy Jalapeño Cream Cheese Buffalo Cauliflower Taquitos. Roasted cauliflower tossed with spicy and tangy pickled jalapeños, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce. Roll up this delicious blend in corn tortillas, then oven-bake until warm and crispy. These taquitos are crunchy on the outside and spicy and cheesy inside. Serve with a honey mustard ranch and additional buffalo sauce. These come together simply and are so delicious. A fun vegetarian twist on a classic Mexican dish.
If there’s one thing my family universally loves, it’s taco night. We make my crispy chipotle beef tacos at least once a week. We’ve done so since I was a kid and my dad was cooking up dinner. Really, we love any Mexican-inspired recipe, they’re just so delicious.
Sometime last year I shared a fun taquito recipe made with buffalo chicken. I adore that recipe. Those buffalo chicken taquitos are just so delicious!
I’ve been cooking a lot of chicken and beef recently, so when my family headed out of town, I decided a vegetarian night would be perfect for me. I wanted Mexican, so I created these delicious, crispy, cheesy taquitos with roasted cauliflower.
I swear these are even better than the original chicken taquitos. If you’re looking for a meatless dinner or appetizer for upcoming game nights, this is your recipe!
Here are the steps
Step 1: season and cook the cauliflower
Season the cauliflower first with seasoned salt, then place on a baking sheet and roast until the cauliflower is lightly charred. When the cauliflower is roasted, you can start mixing and rolling the taquitos.
Already the kitchen should be smelling delish.
Step 2: mix the filling
The filling is simple but different. Because the base is cream cheese and jalapeños I didn’t want to do just buffalo sauce, as I sometimes do. I wanted to add a creamy tangy factor as well.
So I mixed the roasted cauliflower with cream cheese, jalapeños, and pickled jalapeños for the very best flavor. Then a touch of buffalo sauce for some heat. It’s creamy, tangy, and has just the right amount of spice!
Step 3: roll the taquitos
Instead of frying, which is traditional, I much prefer to oven-bake. It’s healthier, easier, and I like the flavor so much better. You actually taste the food, not the fried oil.
Here’s the key, you need to rub each tortilla with olive oil before rolling up the cauliflower. This is the trick to getting the taquitos crispy all around. Once the tortillas are oiled, roll up the cauliflower and cheese inside, then oven-bake. Ten or so minutes later you’ll have crispy delicious taquitos.
Step 4: make the honey mustard ranch
I didn’t want to use another basic ranch. I really wanted both honey mustard and ranch combined. So I took two of my favorite dressings and mixed them into one.
I wasn’t sure how the dressing would turn out, but it’s now a new favorite. It’s everything we love about ranch with a subtle sweetness that honey mustard gives off. It’s hard to describe but trust me, this dressing/sauce situation is SO GOOD. My family was very into it.
Tip: I like to make my dressing on the thinner side so I can easily drizzle it over the taquitos.
Everything paired together…the crispy taquitos with the creamy roasted cauliflower and cheese inside. Then topped with both a tangy/sweet sauce and a spicy buttery buffalo sauce…
Wow, so many yummy flavors and we love the crunchiness of the taquitos too!
Pretty hard not to love. And they make any random night of the week feel fun and exciting too!
Looking for other weeknight-night recipes? Try these!
Lastly, if you make these Crispy Jalapeño Cream Cheese Buffalo Cauliflower Taquitos, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Crispy Jalapeño Cream Cheese Cauliflower Taquitos
Calories Per Serving: 373 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 jalapeño, seeded if desired, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- 16-20 corn tortillas, warmed
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425° F. On a baking sheet, combine the cauliflower, olive oil, paprika, seasoned salt, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender and lightly charred.2. In a bowl, combine the roasted cauliflower, cream cheese, jalapeño, pickled jalapeños, cilantro, dill, and green onions. Stir in the cheese and buffalo sauce.3. Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave, until pliable. On a baking sheet, rub the tortillas with olive oil. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cauliflower down the middle of the tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes, then flip and cook another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crisp.4. Meanwhile, make the honey mustard ranch. Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until creamy, season with salt.5. Serve the taquitos topped with buffalo sauce, ranch, and any other desired toppings.