Buffalo Broccoli Pasta
You guys, I promise. This pasta is way better than it looks.
But it tastes good. Really good. Homemade buffalo sauce mixed with cheddar cheese and blue cheese to create a creamy and delicious alfredo-like sauce! One word. Yum.
I am embarrassed to say how easy this pasta is. It comes together in less than and hour! But with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays I figure it is perfect for those busy holiday weeknight’s we are all experiencing right now. It gives extra time to make all those yummy Christmas treats we have been dreaming about all year!
I used a fun, new to me, pasta shape (Gigli), but you could use any pasta you would like. I bet even fettuccine would be great! What ever you do you should make this pasta…….then you won’t feel so bad about downing all that cookie dough!
Buffalo Broccoli Pasta
Course: Main Course
This pasta tastes good. Really good. Homemade buffalo sauce mixed with cheddar cheese and blue cheese to create a creamy and delicious alfredo-like sauce! One word. Yum.
- 4 cups broccoli fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 pound italian gigli or other short cut pasta
- 1 cup stick butter 1/2
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until it begins to brown and caramelize.
- While the broccoli roasts make the sauce. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the cream cheese and whisk until combined. Add the milk, hot sauce, and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Stir in the cheddar cheese until melted. If needed return to the stove to fully melt the cheese.
- Toss in the blue cheese.
- Boil pasta according the package directions. Before draining the pasta reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Place the hot pasta in a large serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss. If needed add some of the pasta water to thin the sauce. Add the roasted broccoli and toss to combine.
- Serve hot with extra blue cheese.
OMG, 15 days till Christmas? How did that happen….