Browned Butter Sugar Cookie Bars with White Chocolate Frosting.
Friday and these Browned Butter Sugar Cookie Bars with White Chocolate Frosting…the BEST combo!
I have been waiting to share these cookie bars with you guys for far too long now. These are the sweetest treats you can make this February…and also the easiest.
They’re buttery, doughy, soft, and frosted with an extra light, fluffy, sweet white chocolate frosting. Indulgent? Yes, for sure, but after a month long of healthy January eats, I figured it was time for a splurge recipe.
Anyone else agree?
Good. Now let’s chat about them.
First things first, these are not your average sugar cookie. Most importantly, they are made using browned butter, which is possibly the best way ever to use up a stick of butter. Browned butter is just that, it’s butter that has been browned. It’s golden, toasted, and hinted with a delicious nutty flavor. It’s truly the best and takes these sugar cookies from good to amazing.
Second, these are not roll out sugar cookies, No No. These are sugar cookie bars, and they’re better, easier, and tastier then any other sugar cookie.
OK. Fine that may be just a bit of an overstatement, but these sugar cookie bars are really freaking good. Let’s just leave it at that.
And the best part? No rolling, no chilling, and no fuss.
For the cute little hearts you see on top of the frosting, I simply melted both milk chocolate and white chocolate, put them each into separate ziplock sandwich bags, snipped a small portion of the corner off the bag, and then drew out hearts onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I froze the hearts until the chocolate hardened and was then able to use them like giant chocolate sprinkles on top of my cookie bars. Really cute and fun, but also a lot better than just sugar filled sprinkles.
I made these sugar cookie bars with Valentine’s Day in mind, but today’s a pretty darn good day to make them too. For one it is Friday and we all know how I feel about Fridays and cookies. They just go hand in hand. In my opinion, every Friday needs a cookie…or at least something sweet.
And two, the 2018 Winter Olympic Opening Ceremonies are happening tonight. Well, technically they kicked off at six am eastern time this morning (which if you are wondering is 8:00 pm in South Korea), but my guess is that most of you will want to watch the television broadcast that will air tonight at eight pm Eastern time on NBC. If you caught yesterday’s Homemade Potsticker recipe, you should already have plans to be making those tonight. And now you have your dessert plans!
As you can see, I have your Olympic Ceremonies menu all covered. You are so welcome!
In all seriousness though, I do truly love these cookie bars and they are perfect for all occasions from Valentine’s Day, to Olympic viewing parties, to birthdays, to a simple quick and easy Friday night treat.
And if you do end up making these tonight and enjoy them while watching the opening ceremonies, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the wild Gerard clan in the crowd of people. Pretty sure all eighteen of us will stick out like a sore thumb. You’d think I’d be embarrassed, but I love my crazy family.
Only wishing I could cheer on Red with a cookie bar in hand. He would love that! But hey, at least you guys can!!
Browned Butter Sugar Cookie Bars with White Chocolate Frosting
These cookies are buttery, doughy and soft, plus frosted with an extra light, fluffy, sweet white chocolate frosting. Best part...No rolling, no chilling, and no fuss!
- 2 sticks salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
White Chocolate Frosting
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup high quality white chocolate chips, melted and cooled to touch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- melted chocolate and white chocolate, for decorating
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Add the butter to medium pot. Allow the butter to brown lightly until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir often. Remove from the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Let cool 5 minutes. Beat in the sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until evenly combined. Add the flour and baking soda, beating until combined and the dough forms a ball. Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Transfer to the oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until just golden on top. Let cool completely before frosting.
3. To make the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl with a hand mixer) beat together the butter and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the melted white chocolate, and vanilla, beat until combined
4. Frost the cooled cookie bars and decorate as desired. Cut and serve.
Friday night cookie bars in for the win!
Our Favorite Recipes
Single Girls Wholesome Molten Chocolate Lava Cake.