Brown Butter Maple Glazed Cinnamon Apple Scones.
It’s Friiddaayyy!! And today we’re talkin’ scrumptious brown butter scones!! 🙂
So hey! I am so happy and excited to be finishing up the week on high note! My week kind of started off in not the best way, but fortunately, it just got better and better each day. And I have a really great feeling that today is going to be the bestest of them all!
So how did your week go? Good, bad, somewhere in-between. I’m pretty sure no matter how your week went that we can all agree that we are glad it’s Friday! My week was jam-packed, as am I am juggling just a few things right now, but it was, all in all, a pretty good one. I love when I can end the week feeling like I got a ton accomplished, and all is good. Anyone else feel the same?
Plus, I’m super excited because I actually have a 4 day vacation coming up and it’s going to be so awesome. I am finally taking Asher to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter a week from Saturday. Literally we have been planning this trip for months… and pushing it back for months… BUT it’s finally happening, we are going!
So very excited.
But umm, you guys! I know we are just coming out of summer and I should be tan as ever and all, but I am beyond pasty. My legs look like they haven’t seen the sun in years (cause honestly they have not seen the sun since the last time I was in Florida, which was well over a year ago…totally serious right now). I am highly considering going the self tanner route. Any beauty experts out there want to recommend their favorite products?!? I would be so very grateful! 🙂
PS. Another reason I am beyond excited for this trip is because Asher doesn’t know that I am surprising her at the airport with two of her most favorite people! My brother Kai and his girlfriend Caitlin are flying in from LA and are going to surprise her at the airport. I am making Kai wear a Dumbledore costume and then he is going to give Asher, her official “Hogwarts Acceptance Letter“. YESS. I mean, I know it’s so dorky, but she’s going to freak out. Hoping all goes as planned!
Okok, so well I could probably talk about random life things all day today (so much to share for some reason!), but I’m not going to bore you guys to death, and will move on to talking about these scones!!
Plus, I’m planning a fun little post for Sunday where we can talk all things life. 🙂
Today though we shall talk scones!
Do you guys remember when I made these blackberry scones? Yeah, well before those scones I’d actually never made scones… nor eaten them either. I know, craziness! Anyway, I made those scones and fell in love, so I figured a buttery fall scones was something I just needed to do.
I mean obviously.
Enter these Brown Butter Maple Glazed Cinnamon Apple Scones!!! Really, all I can say is YUMMM.
…brown butter? toasty, golden, warm, buttery, perfection.
…maple? the perfect pairing with crisp fall apples.
…cinnamon? again, can you really do a baked apple treat without cinnamon? my thinking is no.
I know that I may not have had a whole lot of scones in my lifetime, but I’m declaring these a favorite, and for all the reasons listed above. They’re just beyond delicious. They’re the perfect treat to welcome in the first weekend of autumn!
Oh and also…these scones are really easy too! They take just under thirty minutes to make. And eating them hot, right outta the oven, drizzled with a generous amount of that brown butter glaze, and then sprinkled with just a little cinnamon sugar (you know, for good measure), well it’s kind of an out of this world experience!
Um yeah, literally it’s heaven. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack…and man, even dessert. Especially if you’re a fruity dessert lover. Can we all agree that our weekend is going to include these scones??! Hoping so! 🙂
Oh wait! I almost forgot! I’m taking over the Crate and Barrel Instagram today for Cocktail of the Week. I will be sharing four new fall inspired drink recipes along with an Instagram Story on how to make my favorite Spooky Witch’s Brew! It’s going to be fun, so come hang out with me! 🙂 ?
Brown Butter Maple Glazed Cinnamon Apple Scones.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter grated on a box grater just like cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk + more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 small or 1 large honeycrisp apples chopped
- cup cinnamon sugar for sprinkling (mix 1/4 sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the butter and toss with the flour. Add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Fold in the chopped apples. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and then pat into a 1-inch-thick circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Place pieces, about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Brush each piece with buttermilk.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Add the butter to saucepan. Allow the butter to brown lightly until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir often, butter will foam and then settle back down. Remove from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup, powdered sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Let the scones cool slightly and then drizzle with the maple glaze and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Serve warm and enjoy!
Have a great scone filled, first fall weekend! See ya, Sunday!