Umm…so how is this for Monday food??
I mean, at least I think so. What’s better than bacon and lobster and butter AND on a Monday too? Well, it would probably be better if you were to be eating this on a Friday, just cause everything on Friday is like 10x better, BUT… it’s a summer kind of Monday, and that means anything goes.
See I am still in the whole “school kid” mindset, where summer simply means it’s the weekend…all the time. I realize I am not in school anymore, but I will forever try to carry this mindset with me…even if I am working on a Monday. FYI, growing up is rough (especially this whole work through the summer thing).
Clearly I am not ready to be a grown up.
Speaking of summer things, how was everyone’s weekend??
I have to say that our weather here has been PERFECT. I mean, during the day it’s actually warm enough for shorts and t-shirts. I know that seems normal for summer, but where I live, that’s not really super normal. The temps have still been going down into the 40’s at night, but definitely up into the 80’s the last couple days, gotta say, I’ve been pretty happy about it.
I didn’t really get to spend a whole lot of time outside, but just knowing it was warm made me happy. I did however make an effort to go check on the goats every so often, since I was the only one around most of the day on Saturday. We just moved their fencing to an area that is out of sight. SO, this means checking in with them every few hours just to make sure is all good. It’s a good excuse to stop what I am doing, take a break and get outside, I’m liking it.
Oh, and since we are on the subject of animals, apparently our chickens are loosing their feathers. There’s a fancy word for it, but I honestly can’t remember it, nor even begin to spell it, so I am just going the simple route and saying they are shedding their feathers. This could possibly go on for six months, and this means no fresh eggs for a while.
NOOO. We had a really good run going the last couple months and were getting 3-4 eggs a day. It was awesome. But now? Now, I am just sad and missing my pretty eggs with the bright yellow yolks.
Also, when chicken lose their feather – it’s not pretty. Just saying.
However, today’s got nothing to do with goats or chickens, but everything to do with summer.
I can’t think of a better time for BLT and potato chip lobster rolls. It’s quintessential summer food and the peach salsa is just the icing on the cake.
Here’s the thing, I am not a huge mayo fan and neither is my dad, so I went light on the mayo and heavy on some browned butter, sweet thai chili sauce and even threw in a little smoky chipotle chili pepper too. I promise it’s not a weird combo at all, and it tastes perfect with the lobster. Spicy, sweet and totally buttery…you can’t do lobster without a little butter, you know?
Add on some bacon, tomatoes and a little butter lettuce and you are good to go.
You also need some really good top split buns, which I for the life of me could not find anywhere in my area. I literally searched high and low, even went as far as Denver and found nothing (granted I probably did not know the right places to look in Denver, but still). I ended up just making some brioche buns and even though they didn’t look as pretty as I wanted them too, they still tasted pretty awesome. So find good buns!!
Ok and finally.
I know the potato chips are a bit much. But since there’s lobster… and bacon too… and well, it is summertime, well, you also really need some salty potato chips. They just add that perfect little bit of crunch on top. If you make these, don’t skimp on the chips. They add just the right amount of texture and saltiness. So we clear? No skimping here.
BLT and Potato Chip Lobster Rolls with Peach Salsa.
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 490 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 4 lobster tails OR 1-2 whole lobsters if you are daring
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil based mayo or 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
- 1 in small chipotle chili adobo minced (optional, but I like a little heat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 4 New England style split top hot dog buns or brioche buns
- 4 leafs butter lettuce
- 4-6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh chives + potato chips for topping
- 2 ripe peaches chopped
- 1 ear [grilled corn | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/bbq-chicken-and-grilled-corn-rice-bowls-with-berry-smashed-avocado/] kernels removed
- 1 Jalapeño seeds removed + chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the lobster and boil until the lobster shells turn bright red, about 5 minutes (but this will depend on the size of your lobster). Once the tails turn red, remove them from the water. Allow to cool before removing the meat from the shells.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons butter to a heavy-bottomed sauce pan and melt over medium heat until just browned. Butter will melt, foam, and froth, and then begin to brown along the bottom. Whisk the browned butter bits off of the bottom of the pan and set aside to cool.
- Add the mayo, lemon juice, sweet thai chili sauce, chipotle chili + a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium sized bowl. Stir in the cooled brown butter and basil, whisk until smooth and combined.
- Once the lobster is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the shells and dice. Add the lobster meat to the mayo mixture and toss well.
- Add the remaining butter to a skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the hot dog buns and toast on both sides until lightly golden.
- Fill the buns with one slice of lettuce and 1-2 pieces bacon. Fill with the lobster mixture. Top with potato chips, chives, tomatoes and the peach salsa (recipe below). EAT!
- In a bowl combine the peaches, grilled corn, jalapeño, basil and lemon juice. Toss well and serve over or beside the lobster rolls.
Now, let’s do this and have a great stinkin Monday.