BLT and Grilled Peach Pizza + My Favorite Links!
It’s time for a little summer pizza action.
Think tomatoes, peaches, bacon, a little lettuce, a lot of basil and jalapeno honey… and of course, there is plenty of cheese – umm, yes!! For this easy BLT and Grilled Peach Pizza summertime recipe head over to the Inspired Homes Site, and trust me, you will want to make this tonight, it’s everything your Sunday needs.
Lastly, here are a few of my newest favorite links from the around the web. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!
>>>this blueberry yogurt cake and the photo to go along with it. I die.
>>>crushing hard on this avocado and lemon zest pasta. must make.
>>>apricot custard cake?? yes. most definitely yes.
>>>just go look at this s’mores custard cake and you will know why I am kind of obsessed with it.
>>>this red hot chicken and fried cheese meatballs. I think the name (and the PHOTOS) say pretty much everything.
>>>this kitchen is too pretty.
>>>pretty excited about this spinach and ricotta zucchini cannelloni. so much yum.
>>>this mocha frappe sounds SOOO good right now.
>>>for all you swearers out there. got to love buzzfeed.
>>>this post on how to get motivated when you have zero drive …motivation is everything.
>>>I really want to go wherever this is.
>>>ok and here too.
>>>how pretty are these berry cream scones. totally love the colors.
>>>these buttered buckwheat crepes with honey, thyme and fresh figs. these crepes are everything I dream about.
>>>young coconut dark chocolate slushie with smashed berries. I mean, come on. too good.
>>>I need this chocolate cream pie.
>>>these fig, rose, and almond granola parfaits, what a great breakfast. all my favorites.
>>>pudding with chocolate and caramelized bananas. I want.
>>head over heels for this bourbon and brown sugar peach pie.
BLT and Grilled Peach Pizza with Jalapeno Honey
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: BLT, honey, jalapenos, peach, pizza
It's time for a little summer pizza action.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup honey
- 1-2 jalapenos sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 peaches sliced into wedges
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 8 slices thick cut bacon fried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups butter lettuce baby kale or arugula
- In a large bowl, combine water and yeast. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add in the flour and salt, stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky.
- Using your hands, on a floured surface, form the dough into a ball and if needed, work the additional 1/2-cup flour into the dough. All of the mixing and kneading can also be done in a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- Next, rub the same bowl with olive oil, then place the dough inside, turning to coat.
- Cover with a towel and place in a warm area while you prepare the pesto; let sit at least 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan bring the honey to a low boil.
- Add the jalapeños and cook one minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Warm again before serving.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Toss the peaches with the olive oil. Once the grill is hot, place the peaches on the grill and grill until char marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Preheat you Cuisinart Outdoor Pizza Oven to 500 degrees F.
- Lightly flour a counter. Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the pizza dough out until you have a flattened disk. Then use your hands to gently tug, pull and push the pizza dough into a rough 10-12 inch circle. Dust your pizza peel with a generous amount of flour.
- Spread the pesto all over the pizza crust. Top with mozzarella and crumbled gorgonzola. Sprinkle the bacon over top and then arrange the peaches over the cheese.*
- Once your pizza oven is preheated, carefully slide your pizza from the peel and onto the pizza stone. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. To remove the pizza, slide the peel under the pizza and pull the pizza out. Top the pizza with cherry tomatoes, basil and lettuce. Drizzle with jalapeno honey and EAT!
- *If you prefer, you can add the grilled peaches after the pizza is done cooking. However, I think I liked the pizza best when the peaches were cooked onto the pizza.
- If you do not have a pizza oven, you can bake the pizza at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes OR if using a pizza stone, 500 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
And can we please just eat all that pizza now?? Please and thank you!