Here I go again…
Mixing up flavors left and right. How about a little Thai inspired coconut curry with our pasta and shellfish? PROMISE, it’s not as bazaar as it sounds. It’s actually all things DELISH. 🙂
So hey! How is everyone’s week going? Are we pumped it’s Thursday, and that this particular Thursday includes pasta?!? I clearly am. This week has been a busy one. I have been jumping from summer, to fall, to Halloween to Christmas, so I am also a little confused as to what season we are currently in. I will be filming new videos for the blog the next few days, so be sure to follow along on Instagram and snapchat (username: hbharvest). We’re basically going to try to make all the fall recipes I can possibly think of in 4 days…which is kind of weird since it’s only the first full week in August. But when your filmer is your brother and he lives in LA, you make whatever time you have work, you know?
So Kai and Cait are here, they got in late last night (technically early this morning). We have some packed days ahead full of cooking and shooting. They fly back to LA on Sunday, then it’ll be back to end-of-summer recipes on Monday. Yeah!
Even though I am slightly confused as to what season it is, I’m pretty excited to have these photos of this summery pasta to remind me that it’s actually August. 🙂
Alight, so here’s the deal. I know it’s kind of odd to be mixing Thai cuisine with Italian, but now that I think about it, when is adding pasta to a dish ever a bad idea.
Pasta is always a good idea…like always.
My inspiration for this dish came from the popular Thai Curry Mussels, but instead of just using mussels, I also threw in some clams, and instead of serving my curry with a hunk of bread, I decided pasta was the way to go… with a hunk bread on the side, obviously.
From there, I simply added my favorite summer produce… a little corn, a red bell pepper and basil.
This is the ideal summer meal. One, it requires ZERO use of the oven. Two, it requires just two pots – one for boiling your pasta and the other for the shellfish. And three, because it’s ready in just about thirty to forty minutes.
Oh, and it’s full of corn, seafood, basil. To me, that that just screams, SUMMER!
Honestly, this basil coconut curry pasta with clams, mussels and corn is so delicious. It has everything I love, hints of spicy/sweet Thai flavors (hello Thai curry paste + coconut milk), the richness of an Italian pasta (hello to white wine + butter + pasta), and corn… it’s the best. I gave a good portion of this pasta to my dad, and in his words, “it’s really, really delicious… it’s that sauce, it’s amazing”. And he’s right, it is the sauce, it’s just SOOO good. And when tossed with clams, mussels and pasta, it is truly one incredible meal – that also happens to be quick and easy!
Also, if shellfish is a little outta your price range, shrimp or even keeping this dish seafood free, are both great options. Like I said, this recipe is all about that coconut sauce, it’s the BEST.
Basil Coconut Curry Pasta with Clams, Mussels and Corn.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 327 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled + grated
- 2 red chili peppers seeded + diced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 ears of corn kernels removed from the cob
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- kosher salt + pepper
- 1 ounce can full fat coconut milk 14
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 littleneck clams cleaned
- 12 mussels cleaned
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
View Recipe Comments
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Heat a large high sided pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and red chile peppers. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant and soft. Add the bell pepper, corn and Thai red curry paste, cook another 3 minutes or until the curry paste is fragrant. Season with salt + pepper. Slowly pour in the coconut milk and wine. Stir in the clams and mussels. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover the pot with a lid and cook until all the shellfish have opened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Discard any unopened shellfish.
- Add the pasta, butter, basil and cilantro, toss with the sauce and selfish, cook 2 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the pasta immediately and garnish with fresh basil + cilantro. EAT!
Happy pasta twirling Thursday… tomorrow CHOCOLATE!
PS. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite bloggers for the Bloglovin 2016 awards…Half Baked Harvest is nominated for best food blog, yeah!!
PSS. I’ve also been nominated for the SAVEUR Magazine 2016 Blog Awards for Most Inspired Weeknight Dinners! I would be so grateful if you would go and vote for your favorite blogger. You can vote everyday from now until August 31st! ?