What up breakfast Sunday?!
It has become a pattern that every year, as we begin to get closer and closer to Spring (aka brunch season!), I become more and more obsessed with breakfast.
Well, to be honest, I am always obsessed with breakfast, but now through spring, I just seem to be overly OBSESSED. 🙂
I just love breakfast. Actually, what I really love is breakfast for lunch and dinner, but either way, breakfast foods are the best! I wanted to share this super quick and healthy recipe of Banana Oatmeal with Ricotta, Honey, Orange and Toasted Buckwheat today, as it’s one of my go-to warm bowls. I love the combo of savory ricotta to sweet honey mixed together with creamy oats. I always add a banana, because well, bananas are my favorite. I also add a blood orange, because they are beautiful, in season and so delicious. Then for an extra healthy crunch, I top it all off with toasted buckwheat!
Such a simple bowl, yet extra healthy and delish, I am so into it!
Thought: what if we turned Sunday into Brunchday?!? Every Sunday I could share new breakfast recipes?!?! Oh, I love this idea…what do you guys think??!
While for now, let’s feast on this healthy bowl of oats! Hope you guys all have a great, fun and relaxing day!
Banana Oatmeal with Ricotta, Honey, Orange and Toasted Buckwheat.
Servings: 2 Bowls
Calories Per Serving: 467 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- In a medium saucepan, combine the oats, milk and water. Bring the mixture to a low boil and then simmer over medium low heat, stirring often until the liquid has been absorbed and the oats have thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla (if using) and salt. If your oatmeal gets too thick, thin with more milk.
- Top with a dollops of ricotta, bananas, oranges plus a drizzle of honey. Finish with toasted buckwheat (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the buckwheat, maple or honey and coconut oil. Sprinkle with salt. Toss well to combine, making sure everything is evenly coated. Bake for 10 minutes or until the buckwheat is toasted.
Pretty, pretty bowls of oats pleaasee and thank you!
P.S. Before she left, Mom greatly enjoyed the oats as well…double the ricotta + an extra drizzle of honey. 🙂